🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Can I use my tme tracker for 2 projects o...
Page options
anas-reza
Community Member

Can I use my tme tracker for 2 projects on different compter?

Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding the time tracker that I have 2 hourly client projects, can I use these 2 projects in the time tracker on 2 different computers in order to work simultaneously?

Will this would be against the Upwork Policy or not?

Best Regards
Anas Reza

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Anas R wrote:

ok understood but I was thinking that what if I hire an extra developer as a resource and then work simultaneously.

You would be banned if you let anyone other than yourself work using your tracker. The tracker is designed to detect fraudulent behaviour.

If you want to subcontract, you can do this on fixed rate contracts, and with the client's permission.

Nobody other than yourself is ever allowed to log into your tracker or your account at all under any circumstances.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Anas R wrote:

I have a question regarding the time tracker that I have 2 hourly client projects, can I use these 2 projects in the time tracker on 2 different computers in order to work simultaneously?

Will this would be against the Upwork Policy or not?

Of course it would be against Upwork's policy.  It is also not possible.

Think about it: When a client pays you by the hour, the client buys an hour of your time, not half an hour because you are also working for another client at the same time. That would, of course, be fraudulent.

ok understood but I was thinking that what if I hire an extra developer as a resource and then work simultaneously.

Anas R wrote:

You would be banned if you let anyone other than yourself work using your tracker. The tracker is designed to detect fraudulent behaviour.

If you want to subcontract, you can do this on fixed rate contracts, and with the client's permission.

Nobody other than yourself is ever allowed to log into your tracker or your account at all under any circumstances.

ok understood and thanks for the help Smiley Happy

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths