cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I withdraw my balance with my friend's bank account?

masumln
Ace Contributor
Md. M Member Since: Dec 26, 2015
1 of 13

I have an emergency and want to withdraw my balance with my friend's local bank account. Is it possible? I want to withdraw through local transfer.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 13

no

masumln
Ace Contributor
3 of 13

Thank you for your reply. Actually he has a bank card and using it to withdraw balance. I want to use his card for withdrawal.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
4 of 13

Gonna have to use your own like a big boy.

masumln
Ace Contributor
5 of 13

Can I use DBBL mobile account to withdraw money? It's an emergency. Can anyone tell me the correct answer?

masumln
Ace Contributor
6 of 13

Can I withdraw my balance through DBBL mobile account? It's an emergency, I'll be pleased if anyone give me the correct solution.

dreamseller
Community Guru
Delwar H Member Since: Jan 30, 2015
7 of 13

No, you can't (as far as I know). 

Why don't you open a real bank account?

It only takes BDT 500 (approx 8 USD) to open a bank account. 

You'll get the account details same day and can add it to your UpWork account but, it'll take 3 days to be activated on UpWork. Additionally, it'll take 1-3 business days to process your payment once you've requested withdrawal  (so not appropriate for your emergency). 

Through Payoneer usually I got paid within 2 hours.

You shouldn't depend online sources for your emergency money. 

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
8 of 13

@Md. M wrote:

I have an emergency and want to withdraw my balance with my friend's local bank account. Is it possible? I want to withdraw through local transfer.

Absolutely not.

If the name does not match the system will not allow you to set the account up as a withdrawal method, if you set up the bank account with your name and your friend's details the money will not arrive.

Why don't you use your own bank account?

View solution in original post

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
9 of 13

Hi Md. M,

As others have stated, you need to use a bank account or any other withdrawal method in your own name, in order to add and use it on your Upwork account.

Untitled
prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
10 of 13

re: "I have an emergency and..."

"Can I use DBBL mobile account to withdraw money? It's an emergency."

"It's an emergency, I'll be pleased if anyone give me the correct solution."

Md. M:

Of course I know that YOU'RE not a scammer. But just so you understand something...

"It's an emergency" is one of the first phrases they teach you when you go to Scammer School.

Upwork does not actually break its own financial security rules to accommodate people's "emergencies."

And unless your "emergency" involves the complete dissolution of all financial institutions in your country, I'm pretty sure you can set up a bank account or Skrill account or other financial withdrawal account, and you'll be glad that you did. Then, the next time you have an emergency, you can access your own money on your own, without having to beg your friend to help you.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS