🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can I work by login into my account if I'm go...
Page options
muntahamemon
Community Member

Can I work by login into my account if I'm going on vacations outside the country

Hello,

If I am planning to go on vacation outside the country so can I work by login into my Upwork account using a different laptop?  

Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ashrafkhan81
Community Member

I don't think it should be a problem, but now you got me thinking and I am curious to learn what @Petra, @Peterson and other senior members of the forum think. 

But I think freedom and flexibility to choose from where, how, when, and with whom you wish to work was a major part of freelancing career! 

So, I don't think it should be a problem if you are able to validate and verify your account even on a different laptop and a new location! 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ashrafkhan81
Community Member

I don't think it should be a problem, but now you got me thinking and I am curious to learn what @Petra, @Peterson and other senior members of the forum think. 

But I think freedom and flexibility to choose from where, how, when, and with whom you wish to work was a major part of freelancing career! 

So, I don't think it should be a problem if you are able to validate and verify your account even on a different laptop and a new location! 

Thank you, Ashraf.

Ashraf K wrote:

But ----------- not to burst you bubble of relaxing on the beach with a cocktail in hand while freelancing...... there are tax and labor laws in every country, and you need to be very sure you are legally allowed to work in the country where the vacation or other extended stay takes place. Otherwise very painful things can happen, more painful than the sunburn. 

Okay, thanks.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muntaha,

Yes, you are allowed to use diferent laptop to log into yuor account. It's important that you don't share your log in credentials with anybody and don't log into other users' accounts as it's a serious violation of Upwork TOS.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you, Bojan.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members