🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can My client leaves a Feedback if he ends co...
Page options
rakibkhan90
Community Member

Can My client leaves a Feedback if he ends contact himself and will it be impact on my job score ?

I asked my client to end the order,

he ended the contact 

now I would like to know can he leave feedback on this cancel contact? 

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Rakib K wrote:

I asked my client to end the order,

he ended the contact 

now I would like to know can he leave feedback on this cancel contact? 

Cancelling and closing are two different things.

In general, the person ending or cancelling a contract HAS TO leave feedback. The other party can, but does not have to.

Cancel a contract means ending a contract with nothing (ever, at all) paid.

End a contract means closing the contract after money changed hands.

When cancelling a contract, only private feedback can be left. Contracts with no money paid will not show on your profile.

When closing a contract with money paid, the contract (and any feedback that may have been left) shows on your profile.

wlyonsatl
Community Member

In terms of your Job Success Score, we have been told private feedback from clients is a very / the most significant (?) part of the calculation.

No matter how a project is ended (closed, cancelled, abandoned, other?), the client will be able/forced to leave private feedback for you.

And only if you are a Top Rated freelancer can you, occasionally, instruct Upwork not to use that private feedback in calculating your JSS.

If the client habitually leaves negative feedback for freelancers or is regularly very hard to work with, Upwork has said that client's feedback will not be included in their freelancers' JSS calculations. But Upwork won't tell you if a client's feedback has been ignored for this reason in terms of calculating your JSS.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths