🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can Retail Bankers work on upwork?
Page options
danish_want
Community Member

Can Retail Bankers work on upwork?

Can Retail Bankers work on upwork? Are there any possibilities for them to get projects as they have banking experience. If there is any possibility then which category should they select? Kindly share your thoughts.

Thanks,

Danish

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Can Retail Bankers work on Upwork?"

Yes.

re: "Are there any possibilities for them to get projects as they have banking experience?"

Possibly.

But generally speaking, nobody is going to hire you on Upwork to do retail banking work through the platform. So you will need to present another skill. A reason why a client would hire you.

You might be able to present yourself as a consultant.

You could offer help setting up ACH interfaces. Something like that.

You could learn about payment gateways and include your banking experience as a plus.

Hi Preston,

Thanks for your feedback. So which categories should I look into to see the relevant projects?  Accounting? I could not find relevant work with respect to Retail work in this category.Any suggestions?

wlyonsatl
Community Member

Danish,

It depends. What is/was your role as a retail banker?

If you were a loan officer, there are certainly clients on Upwork looking for help putting together the documents their bank requires in applying for a loan. 

But if you processed wire transfers in the back office, there's unlikely to be much call for that from Upwork clients.

Good luck!

Hi Will,

Hi Preston,

Thanks for your feedback. So which categories should I look into to see the relevant projects?  Accounting? I could not find relevant work with respect to Retail work in this category.Any suggestions?

The categories depend on your skillset. 

What were your roles as a banker - loan processing, retail customer support, etc., etc.?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths