🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can UpWork lease the refund to client "if the...
Page options
singhsatyamstm
Community Member

Can UpWork lease the refund to client "if the money has already been released from escrow"?

Hi,

What to do if the client asking for refund "if the money has already been released from escrow" and I have withdrawn it to my bank account? Can UpWork release the fund? what are the possibilities as the work has been done and I don't know why he is requesting the refund...

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

Satyam S wrote:

What to do if the client asking for refund "if the money has already been released from escrow" and I have withdrawn it to my bank account?

If that's all that has happened,  nothing happens at all at this stage. A client asking for a refund is just that. A question. Talk to the client!

If the client raises a dispute, you will be required to participate, and if the dispute does not reach any agreement, there is only arbitration left, which costs $291 for each party. 

Clients are able to dispute the entire contract within 30 days of the last invoice or while there is still money in escrow, regardless of whether the funds have been withdrawn or not.

Satyam S wrote:

the work has been done and I don't know why he is requesting the refund...

Ask the client. Communicate!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members