cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Upwork Justify the calculation of Job Success Rate?

Highlighted
Abhijatya g Member Since: Apr 26, 2016
1 of 12

Hello All,

I am totally confused with my Job Success Rate calculation done by Upwork.Do Upwork have the Justification of that?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 12

Yours is pretty straightforward.

You have finished 4 contracts, 3 resulted in happy clients, one very clearly (seeing the feedback) did not.

3 out of 4 = 75%

Highlighted
3 of 12

It came down from 80% when one of my client gave me 4.85 by mistake. Then he corrected it but now you can see the results.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
4 of 12

Your portfolio items do not belong to you.  You may be a mechanical engineer but most of your portfolio can be Googled and belongs to someone else.  I would see if maybe you could use some the work you have done for previous clients in your portfolio. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
5 of 12

Funny how the JSS bubbles up the fake profiles too.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Christy A Member Since: Dec 30, 2015
6 of 12

Stolen overview from a graphic design agency 

Highlighted
7 of 12

Well,Friends I am here to get some solution of my confusion.You people can be great to find out what is real and what is fake in other's profile,and I don't have to justify that.If you have the solution please share it with me as you people are much more experienced then me on Upwork.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
8 of 12

@Abhijatya g wrote:

Well,Friends I am here to get some solution of my confusion.You people can be great to find out what is real and what is fake in other's profile,and I don't have to justify that.If you have the solution please share it with me as you people are much more experienced then me on Upwork.

Thanks.

Ok, I will try then. 

Clients are asked for a private feedback after they leave out public feedback. This private feedback has a strong weight on your JSS.

A pattern of refunds to clients has also a strong impact.

This is basically all I can say from my experience, which may have a direct effect on JSS.

If your profile is indeed stolen from somebody else, you don't have to justify this here. However, if this is true, and I am not bearing any judgment against you about this, but if this is true, it may raise questions about your integrity and even your skills.

And if your skills are not up to what you claim they are, it may explain the bad private feedback. Or the need to refund clients, if you have refunded clients.

All of this being purely hypothetical, since I  can't see your client's private feedback nor your financial account.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
9 of 12

The solution is to kill your account. Your failure to provide services because your account info is fake hurts both clients and freelancers.

I've had to deal with clients that don't trust enough to put $100 into escrow because they've been burned by people with fake profiles. It's annoying.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
10 of 12

@Jennifer M wrote:

The solution is to kill your account.

He may or he may not kill his account, but in either case I'm afraid his account is pretty much dead considering his JSS.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS