🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can a client give feedback after dispute ?!
Page options
ahmedrafat88155
Community Member

Can a client give feedback after dispute ?!

I've been stuck with one of my customers and we finally agreed on getting into a dispute, so my question is can he gives me a feedback after dispute is over.

6 REPLIES 6
prestonhunter
Community Member

There are different things that are referred to as disputes.

A dispute does not block a client from being able to leave feedback.

A client may leave feedback when a contract CLOSES.

If a client closes a contract, THAT IS WHEN she may leave feedback. If she closes a contract and then a dispute is filed... then when the dispute is over she will not be able to leave feedback again.

Preston H wrote:

If a client closes a contract, THAT IS WHEN she may leave feedback. If she closes a contract and then a dispute is filed... then when the dispute is over she will not be able to leave feedback again.

This isn't correct.

If the client asks for their funds back while ending a one-milestone contract, they can't leave public feedback at that point (because nothing has been paid), only private feedback.

Once the dispute is concluded, the client CAN leave public feedback if something was paid to the freelancer and it's within the 14 days.

Yes Petra, you're right!
xevensolutions
Community Member

if a client file a dispute on Upwork and freelancer wins that dispute, then client negative feedback will shown on profile or not?

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out. The result of the dispute does not affect the visibility of the clients' feedback. As long as there's an amount earned on a contract, the feedback will show on the freelancer's profile.

~ AJ
Upwork
ridaennasry
Community Member

I think the ability to leave feedback after a dispute is unfair for both the client and the freelancer. when a dispute is filed, it means there was a problem between them, so the feedback will be used as a revenge tool by the one who loses the dispute.  the feedback will certainly not be objective. especially for freelancers when feedback is litterly their utmost valuable asset in this platform. hopefully, the Upwork team will think of a better way to handle this. cause now filing a dispute almost always means a negative feedback from the other party.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members