🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Can a client hire me directly?
Page options
raina5
Community Member

Can a client hire me directly?

Hello, i feel like I should know the answer to this but I don't.  I have a repeat client who would like to hire me to do more work, is there a way for her to do this without creating a job post, inviting me to bid on it, me sending my proposal for it, and her awarding it to me, when all she intends to do is hire me anyway? I looked in the Client community but couldn't find an answer.  Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
akbgill
Community Member

Yes absolutely, She can hit the HIRE NOW button on your profile (visible from client view) and create a job to hire you on directly, without posting a job (as such)

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
akbgill
Community Member

Yes absolutely, She can hit the HIRE NOW button on your profile (visible from client view) and create a job to hire you on directly, without posting a job (as such)

When I go to my freelancer profile and click the "Public View" I don't see any button that says "HIRE NOW". Is it only visible from the client's view?

I want to know because sometimes I'll see a job post for an hourly rate job but I'd like to submit a "Fixed Price" bid. If I tell the client they can hire me at a fixed price and that they can do it by going to my profile and clicking on the "HIRE NOW" button, will there actually be a "HIRE NOW" button visible for them to click on?

Gary Val T wrote:

When I go to my freelancer profile and click the "Public View" I don't see any button that says "HIRE NOW". Is it only visible from the client's view?

I want to know because sometimes I'll see a job post for an hourly rate job but I'd like to submit a "Fixed Price" bid. If I tell the client they can hire me at a fixed price and that they can do it by going to my profile and clicking on the "HIRE NOW" button, will there actually be a "HIRE NOW" button visible for them to click on?

Yes, the button will only be available from the client view. But the client doesn't have to use that in the situation you're describing. When they send you the offer from your proposal, they can easily change it to fixed price with the agreed amount.

Thanks, Wes.

If the client does send me an offer based on my proposal (as you mentioned), what does he/she actually have to do to change it to a "Fixed Price"? I'd like to be able to give them precise instructions on how to do that because, in the past, some client's have had a difficult time trying to figure it out. I couldn't help them because, beign a freelancer, I don't have access to the client's end of things. I have no idea what the screen looks like on the client's end or where to tell them to look for instructions. It'd be much easier if I could just give them the step-by-step instructions.

Gary Val T wrote:

Thanks, Wes.

If the client does send me an offer based on my proposal (as you mentioned), what does he/she actually have to do to change it to a "Fixed Price"? 

Check this: https://www.upwork.com/resources/how-to-make-an-offer-on-upwork

Thanks once again, Wes. Man, I can't believe I'm getting meaningful replies from a "Community Guru" instead of the snarky replies I seem to see so often here. So major kudos to you. I'll save the link you gave me and I'll include it in my bids from now on when the job post is "Hourly" and I want to submit a "Fixed Price" bid.

Now, just one more thing. The page that the link goes to seems to be helpful but someone at UpWork should fix the part where it gives the instructions for the client to create a "Fixed Price" proposal. The problem is that it shows the wrong info window. It should show what the client sees when they opt for "Fixed Price" as opposed to "Hourly". Instead, however, it shows the "Hourly Rate" window where it should be the "Fixed Rate" window. UpWork is hard enough to figure out without having the wrong visuals showing up in the instructions. Smiley Wink I've attached a screen shot to show you what I mean. Or you can see it for yourself on that page.

Thanks again.

mystudiomke
Community Member

You can also create the contract yourself under the client messages

Lila
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths