cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a client leave private feedback if they don't leave public feedback?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Abinadab A Member Since: Sep 26, 2016
11 of 18

Joan S wrote:

I am still trying to find out if a client can leave private feedback if they don't leave public feedback.

Really? You'll go to the moon and back and you'll still get what Jennifer answered you.

But, for avoidance of doubt, your problem is not whether clients can leave private feedback without leaving public feedback.

It is, why the heck did my JSS drop by 8%? (the good old boring JSS question).

Your JSS dropped because

- a significant (about 10%) of your jobs ended without feedback from the client, and/or

- contracts with not exactly magnificent private feedback fell into the friggin' window or the good ones fell out.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Joan S Member Since: Mar 18, 2019
12 of 18

No one has answered my question but I give up. And my JSS went up this week. It was an academic question.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Abinadab A Member Since: Sep 26, 2016
13 of 18

Joan S wrote:

No one has answered my question but I give up.

When submitting feedback on a contract in which money has been paid, private feedback and public feedback are entered on the same form

A client cannot submit one without submitting the other (the form will flag it as incomplete).

The "Submit" feedback button won't turn green until the client has filled in all fields (public & private).

The Upwork system does NOT randomly prompt clients to give only private feedback when they release milestones to you.

Highlighted
Community Guru
14 of 18

Well, THANK YOU - that is the information I was looking for but could not find anywhere.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
15 of 18

Joan, Jennifer gave you the general answer to the question. Another poster whose name I am not going to attempt to spell from memory in hopes that admitting that I don't recall the correct spelling is less offensive than guessing wrong explained a unique situation in which the answer is different, but ratified the general answer. What more were you looking for?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
16 of 18

Joan S wrote:

I am still trying to find out if a client can leave private feedback if they don't leave public feedback.

They have to leave both if they close the contract. But since you closed it, they can only leave it within 2 weeks.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
17 of 18

Joan S wrote:

I had two clients - one was fixed rate and the other was hourly. Both paid me but they did not leave feedback. I was wondering if they could leave private feedback if they didn't leave public feedback.

No, they can't.

Abinadab A wrote:

Your JSS dropped because

- a significant (about 10%) of your jobs ended without feedback from the client, and/or

Absolute nonsense. 10% "no feedback" contracts has NO effect at all.

There are people with 40% or more and 100% JSS

Highlighted
Community Guru
18 of 18

Petra - I always love your short and direct answers!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS