🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can a client report me for offer I didn't acc...
Page options
yafet_berhanu
Community Member

Can a client report me for offer I didn't accept?

A client interviewed me and wants me to work on a job we agreed and he told me I had 1:30 hr to complete the job which he didn't mention the first time so I told him to not make me an offer untill I confirm I can finish it with that hour or he can consider another freelancer he insisted to make an offer but  I didn't accept it. He asked  me constantly to send the file in a message for a fixed price job and he can't let me focus on what I am doing(remember I didn't accept his offer) so after some minutes he told me to send him all the file which I told him I didn't finish. Then he withdraw the offer and threates me to report me to upwork? so my question is does this affect me ? first of all I didn't accept the offer and I told him to consider another freelancer?

I know I shouldn't work on projects without a deal but I don't want to loose the chance so I told him he can make me an offer if I finished the project on time?

3 REPLIES 3
ericaandrews
Community Member

You can never be reported for rejecting an offer or not responding to an offer. An offer is just that: An offer.  NO freelancer is required to ACCEPT any offer.   There is NO contract until the offer has been accepted by the freelancer, meaning you have NO obligations to him of any kind.   What can be reported is a client THREATENING any freelancer and the client trying to demand FREE work from you without a contract in place.  The client sounds like an abusive scam artist.  Don't send him ANY work or files.  My suggestion is to DECLINE the offer if you still have it  (or if he sent another one) and REPORT the client to upwork for threatening you.  Finally, you should BLOCK the client so they cannot contact you anymore. 

yafet_berhanu
Community Member

Thank you CJ for your reply. He declined it already and after I post this question I got notification on upwork which my proposal has been declined. Does this affect me I mean does declined proposal affect a freelancer?

sofia2008
Community Member

Yafet B wrote:

I know I shouldn't work on projects without a deal but I don't want to loose the chance so I told him he can make me an offer if I finished the project on time?

Be careful as it might look like feedback manipulation if you only accept offers after making sure you can do them successfully. Before accepting an offer, make sure you the deadline aspect is clear and established, along with the requirements. Then you can deny/accept offers and work on them.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths