cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a client report you even if you did not start with the contract?

h_golighty11
Ace Contributor
Deborah C Member Since: Oct 29, 2012
1 of 5

Dear community,

just a quick question. Like in the title, is this possible?

You were contacted for an interview, talked to the client who was very, very unresponsive. Then he comes back to you and gives you some information and material regarding the job.

You take a look at it and in the end you decide not to work with him. So no contract was ever started.

Can the client report you? I don´t know for what he wants to report me, he only told me that this will be a disgrace for me and that the support is informed.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 5

@Deborah C wrote:

Dear community,

just a quick question. Like in the title, is this possible?

You were contacted for an interview, talked to the client who was very, very unresponsive. Then he comes back to you and gives you some information and material regarding the job.

You take a look at it and in the end you decide not to work with him. So no contract was ever started.

The client can report you of course, but it really won't cause anything at all unless you were rude or anything.

Did you politely end the candidacy?

h_golighty11
Ace Contributor
3 of 5

I really didn´t have time to talk to him. He also replied everytime after 2-3 days  and sometimes more. 

Unfortunately I get lots of clients who at some point don´t reply anymore or reply after weeks. I never get mad at them like that and report them. You cannot tell me just like this that this will be a disgrace for me. He sounded intimidating and I won´t reply to that message. 

For sure I never was rude. 

I read somewhere that if a contact never started, they can´t give you a bad feedback and I donßt see any reason why Upwork could block y account or something else. I don´´t think they can´t do that without a proper reason, right?

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
4 of 5

Hi Deborah, 

Just to confirm that in this case no suspension will be forced on your account or anything else. If you were rude then we would take some actions, but i can see that this is not the case.

~ Goran
Upwork
h_golighty11
Ace Contributor
5 of 5

Thanks for the answer Goran. 

So everything is clear now Smiley Happy 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS