🐈 Community
» Forums » Freelancers » Can a client skip straight to the offer?
Page options
tlsanders

Can a client skip straight to the offer?

I have several clients who reach out by email or message first and then post a job when we already have the details knocked out. Typically, though, the clients end up going through the steps of setting up the job and inviting me to interview, then I accept, then they make an offer...

Is there a way to skip over the invitation to interview when a job is set up to reflect a pre-determined agreement?

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter

Yes.

As a client I have often skipped the interview stage. Have also done so as a freelancer, particularly with clients who set up contracts specifically for me.

But did the client still have to set up a project, invite you so you didn't have to go searching for it, submit a proposal and then the client accepted that proposal... even though there was no official 'interview'?

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)
petra_r

@Tiffany S wrote:

Is there a way to skip over the invitation to interview when a job is set up to reflect a pre-determined agreement?

YES!

Client simply goes to your profile and click on "Hire Now" instead of on "Invite to Job"

hire now.jpg

Scott, if a previous client wants to hire me, they will typically discuss it with me via email, and then set up the Upwork contract and click the Hire button directly. Then all I need to do is accept the contract. Hence: no interview.

Also: If I'm acting as client and set up a very clear job description, then I often hire job candidates directly using the "Hire Now" button instead of inviting job candidates to participate in an interview stage. This is something I do when I am able to hire people directly based on their cover letters but mostly based on their portfolios.

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tiffany,

I can confirm the functionality and the information Preston and Petra shared.

~ Vladimir
Upwork