cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a contractor end a fixed price contract?risk?

expuser
Exp U Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
1 of 4
Hi, I'm a freelancer on odesk,I have been hired by a client for a fixed price job,he paid me 50% of price at the start of the job and I started the work,when I finished the half of the work,I told him to finish the payment(the other 50%) to continue the work on the rest of project,so he told me that he want to stop here and he told me I can stop the contract because he already paid me the half?So me too I answered him I have no problem if he hope to stop the work and he can end the contract by himself but I didn't receive any answer from him,then I felt that I did a good job but I'm worried that if I stop the contract?!The contract is still active over a month ago and I do not know what to do,so please advice me the good way to do that because sure the client wont,me I took the payment but I worried if I end the contract so I lose my payment or something like that?! Thanks.
expuser
Exp U Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
2 of 4
No one have a answer?!
margaretphillips
Community Guru
Margaret P Member Since: Jul 7, 2007
3 of 4
How exactly did he pay you? There is no active contract in your profile and if he had paid you it would have been there? No harm in leaving it open. I just wonder if you were really hired. Did he pay you outside of oDesk?
marciamalory
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
4 of 4
You only joined oDesk three days ago. How were you hired for this contract?
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS