🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Can a freelancer contact other freelancer...
Page options
zoey786
Community Member

Can a freelancer contact other freelancers for help?

Hi,

I Have recenlty joined upwork and very new to this.  Although I am a freelancer myself I need help with a personal project of my own.  Do I need to create another account?  Or can I reach out to other freelancers from my freelancer account?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Zoey F wrote:  I shall create an account.

Do **NOT** create a new account. You have to add a client profile to your existing freelancer account.

Read this

If you're a freelancer now, but would like to hire others as a client

1. Go to Settings  My Teams and choose the Create New Account button at the bottom.
  2. Choose New Client Account
  3. Once set up, use the account menu at the top-right of your screen to switch between using Upwork as a client, freelancer, or agency

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
af792128
Community Member

Hello,

You can create a client account and create a job post to reach freelancers.

zoey786
Community Member

Thanks Kanan.  So i would have 2 separate accounts one as freelancer and one as a client.

I thought I could do it via my freelancer account,

You can, in fact you can’t have 2 separate accounts. You set up your client account from your freelancer account and then you can switch from freelancer mode to client mode.

af792128
Community Member

As you see, it is quite easy to switch to client account and hire freelancers to help. 

Also, as i am aware, it is not possible to connect to freelancers via freelancer account if none of the clients added other freelancer to your conversation. I also experienced one of my clients added other freelancer to convo and we had a discussion.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

zoey786
Community Member

Thank you guys are awesome.  I need some help with a Wordpress theme/site I am working on.  I shall create an account.

petra_r
Community Member

Zoey F wrote:  I shall create an account.

Do **NOT** create a new account. You have to add a client profile to your existing freelancer account.

Read this

If you're a freelancer now, but would like to hire others as a client

1. Go to Settings  My Teams and choose the Create New Account button at the bottom.
  2. Choose New Client Account
  3. Once set up, use the account menu at the top-right of your screen to switch between using Upwork as a client, freelancer, or agency

ezare
Community Member

I can't find Create New Account button. Please for more info

re: "I can't find Create New Account button. Please for more info "

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211067558-Be-a-Client-and-a-Freelancer

petra_r
Community Member

Kanan I wrote:

If you need help with Wordpress site you can contact me with clicking on my profile 

This is entirely inappropriate behaviour on the forum!

af792128
Community Member

Sorry, i did not mean anything bad. Since i have experience i could give some advice. My apoligies.

Just think about all of the freelancers who pay for connects and will be sending proposals to her job, it is not fair to them.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths