🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can a freelancer create a contract for a new ...
Page options
overground55
Community Member

Can a freelancer create a contract for a new client?

I'm talking with a new client, and she has decided she wants to switch from hourly payment to milestone based payment. I'm fine with this, but I don't know if I have any power to create a contract and have her accept it? Is this possible, or does she have to create the new contract?

With other clients I've worked for, I've been able to go into my contracts page and propose a new contract with them, but how do I do this for a new client?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
wescowley
Community Member

If you already have or had a contract with her, you can propose a new contract from the previous contract's page. But if you're still in negotiations for the first contract, she can change the offer between fixed and hourly before she extends it to you.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
wescowley
Community Member

If you already have or had a contract with her, you can propose a new contract from the previous contract's page. But if you're still in negotiations for the first contract, she can change the offer between fixed and hourly before she extends it to you.

Thanks for the feedback Wes, so I can't create a contract for her to accept at this point?  No one has officially accepted anything yet.

I see I'm able to send brand new contracts to clients I've worked with in the past, so I wasn't sure if I could do this for new clients as well.

Nathan E wrote:

so I can't create a contract for her to accept at this point? 

No, you can't. The client can easily change it while setting up the offer though.

overground55
Community Member

I'm talking with a new client, and she has decided she wants to switch from hourly payment to milestone based payment. I'm fine with this, but I don't know if I have any power to create a contract and have her accept it? Is this possible, or does she have to create the new contract?

With other clients I've worked for, I've been able to go into my contracts page and propose a new contract with them, but how do I do this for a new client?

Am I unable to create a contract for her to accept at this point?  No one has officially accepted anything yet.

I see I'm able to send brand new contracts to clients I've worked with in the past, so I wasn't sure if I could do this for new clients as well.

I was also confused, about how to propose a contract to a new client. i also am looking for a solution. Do let me know too

Hi Raunaq,

You can find instructions on how to propose a contract here.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members