cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a freelancer post jobs on Upwork?

Highlighted
Armin S Member Since: Jan 18, 2016
1 of 4

I have a freelancer profile, and need to post a job to hire someone. I am new to this and couldn't figure out how to do it after spending half-an-hour so I thought there may be a twist to it so I'd better ask,

the option to change profile only allows choice between freelancer basic and plus...

thanks.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 4

I'm sorry that it is not more clear how to do this. That's not your fault.

Yes, you may activate the client section of your current profile, and then you can post jobs.

Highlighted
Armin S Member Since: Jan 18, 2016
3 of 4

Thanks Preston. question is how?

I don't seem to be able to land on the right page or section... where do I find the switch?

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 4

Hi Armin,

To create a client profile, please click on your photo in the upper-right corner, go to Settings, scroll down and click on the "+ Create a company" link on the left side of the page, and choose "Create a Client Company". After you complete all the steps, you'll be able to switch between your Freelancer and Client profiles in the account view menu (the one that appears in the upper-right corner after clicking on your photo).

Once your client profile is set up, please follow advice and instructions shared in this Help article and post your first Upwork job. Also, follow this link and visit our Hiring Headquarters to find all the information and best practice advice designed to help guide you through the hiring process on Upwork.

If you need any assistance, feel free to post your questions in the Clients forum.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS