🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can a new contract still be nullified? No tim...
Page options
80a346ec
Community Member

Can a new contract still be nullified? No time charged at all, incompatibility with a client request

The client wants me to help him on a project but he won't share his files and he won't even share his screen while we work together. He wants me to help him while he points his phone on his PC and I can only see what he is pointing at with his phone. This set-up is too difficult especially because the project is complicated and time-sensitive.

I understand if he can't share information but I'm unable to help him if he only wants me to see through his phone camera.

Unfortunately, the contract has already started. But we have both decided to part ways and I don't plan on charging him at all. I just want to know, is there still a way to nullify the contract or do I just end the contract? After all I won't be charging him any time.

More info: I thought that he was at least willing to share screen while we work together, thats why I accepted the contract. But once the contract started he wanted me to only see what he pointed his phone camera at via WhatsApp.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tlsanders
Community Member

Either of you can close the contract, but whichever of you does will be forced to leave feedback (there won't be any feedback displayed publicly since no money has changed hands, but private feedback can impact your JSS, so it might be best for you to close the contract so the client isn't forced to leave feedback.

You can also just ignore it. The client could pause the contract so no time can be logged and you can just go on about your lives and leave it there--no ratings required that way.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
tlsanders
Community Member

Either of you can close the contract, but whichever of you does will be forced to leave feedback (there won't be any feedback displayed publicly since no money has changed hands, but private feedback can impact your JSS, so it might be best for you to close the contract so the client isn't forced to leave feedback.

You can also just ignore it. The client could pause the contract so no time can be logged and you can just go on about your lives and leave it there--no ratings required that way.

Hi Tiffany

what will be the situation if its fixed price contract?

Thanx

If it's fixed price it's all the same as above, you just don't have to worry about pausing the contract. You can refund the money in sscrow to the client.

Thanx a lot.

Thank you for the clarification!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members