🐈 Community
» Forums » Freelancers » Can a removed feedback affect the JSS negavit...
Page options
kauem
Community Member

Can a removed feedback affect the JSS negavitely?

Hello everyone,

 

So, here (https://odeskdev.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015345593-Feedback-Removal) it says:

 

"If removing a contract would cause your JSS to fall, we will leave it in your JSS calculations even if you choose to remove it from your profile. This prevents the hiding of a score/comment from ever negatively impacting your JSS."

 

While in here (https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/219801228-Feedback-Removal):

 

"PRO TIP

To earn a JSS score or an Upwork Talent Badge, your work history must meet certain criteria. Be careful when removing feedback, as your score or badge may rely on it."

 

My question is: if I remove the wrong feedback when trying to recover the JSS, can this removal drop my JSS if I choose poorly? If not, why should I "be careful when removing feedback"?

 

Thanks in advance,

Kaue

 

6 REPLIES 6
martina_plaschka
Community Member


Kaue M wrote:

Hello everyone,

 

So, here (https://odeskdev.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015345593-Feedback-Removal) it says:

 

"If removing a contract would cause your JSS to fall, we will leave it in your JSS calculations even if you choose to remove it from your profile. This prevents the hiding of a score/comment from ever negatively impacting your JSS."

 

While in here (https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/219801228-Feedback-Removal):

 

"PRO TIP

To earn a JSS score or an Upwork Talent Badge, your work history must meet certain criteria. Be careful when removing feedback, as your score or badge may rely on it."

 

My question is: if I remove the wrong feedback when trying to recover the JSS, can this removal drop my JSS if I choose poorly? If not, why should I "be careful when removing feedback"?

 

Thanks in advance,

Kaue

 


You're not seriously thinking about removing one of your 5 star feedbacks, are you? (this feedback has been removed) looks entirely worse, since 5 stars don't look bad at all. You're trying to guess who left bad feedback? Don't. 

Focus on future jobs instead of driving yourself crazy with things you can neither know nor change. 

No, I would never remove it from my profile. But isn't there an option that only removes it from the JSS without excluding it from the profile?


Kaue M wrote:

No, I would never remove it from my profile. But isn't there an option that only removes it from the JSS without excluding it from the profile?


Well if you remove feedback, the contract will appear without stars and with "this feedback has been removed" which clearly looks as if a client has left a terrible feedback with maybe one star calling you a fraud or something else really bad. I don't understand what you want to accomplish here.  - You mean only remove the private feedback without changing anything on your profile? No, that option does not exist. Nobody needs it. People are removing bad feedback from their profile because it looks bad. 

From this page: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/219801228-Feedback-Removal

"Types of removal

You can request to remove feedback in two ways.

  • Remove only from your Job Success Score (the public score and comment will remain visible on your profile)
  • Remove from your Job Success Score and from your profile (the public score will be hidden and the comment will be replaced by "This feedback has been removed.")"

I'm trying to do the first case. So my question is basically: If I remove a feedback only from my JSS, can it make the JSS drop if I choose the wrong one?

rverang
Community Member


Kaue M wrote:

You can request to remove feedback in two ways.

  • Remove only from your Job Success Score (the public score and comment will remain visible on your profile)

I'm trying to do the first case. So my question is basically: If I remove a feedback only from my JSS, can it make the JSS drop if I choose the wrong one?


Yes.

kauem
Community Member

But what about this section: "If removing a contract would cause your JSS to fall, we will leave it in your JSS calculations even if you choose to remove it from your profile. This prevents the hiding of a score/comment from ever negatively impacting your JSS." ?

Latest Articles
Upcoming Events
Feb 13
Feb 28
Upwork Community Virtual Hour
Community Hour English
Mar 28
Upwork Virtual Community Hour
Community Hour English
Learning Paths