🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can and should a client leave a review after ...
Page options
chrissybartels
Community Member

Can and should a client leave a review after every milestone?

Hello all! 
I have to first say that I am loving this Upwork community and platform! Finally! A freelancer platform that makes sense and is easy to use!

My question is in the subject so I will copy here:

Can and should a client leave a review after every milestone? I have a solid client who would be happy to give feedback after each job (they are Milestones now).

Grateful for your help! Please let me know if I can return in kind.

Warmly,

Chrissy Hogue Bartels

Voice Artist/Video Spokesperson

16 REPLIES 16
lysis10
Community Member

If they pay you regularly (we don't know what "regularly" means) for three months, this counts positively towards your JSS.

prestonhunter
Community Member

The Upwork user interface allows freelancers and clients to leave feedback when a contract is closed.

It is not possible to leave feedback a tthe end of a milestone.

As a freelancer, I rarely allow multiple-milestone contracts.

If a project has 10 tasks, then I require the client to set up 10 contracts. I receive feedback for each one.

joynul33
Community Member

Upwork lets in it after ended a contract. It's not possible proper now to through comments complete every milestone. If the customer paintings with you a long time Upwork robotically counts high-quality remarks.

Thanks!

Joynul

Joynul A wrote:

Upwork lets in it after ended a contract. It's not possible proper now to through comments complete every milestone. If the customer paintings with you a long time Upwork robotically counts high-quality remarks.

Thanks!

What the frak is this word salad supposed to mean? You should stop trying to help people when you have no idea what you are talking about and how to string two words together.

Whoever told you that posting lots of messages here will get you hired is lying.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

Dear Rene,

Did I say anything wrong??

Joynul
petra_r
Community Member

Joynul A wrote:

Dear Rene,

Did I say anything wrong??

You keep running around the forum posting wrong or superfluous or unintelligible responses about things you don't quite understand.

joynul33
Community Member

Okay, I will keep in mind!

Thanks for the feedback!

Joynul
a_lipsey
Community Member

@Petra, another freelancer who somehow is verified as fluent in English. I am suspect now of whatever agency is issuing these English proficiency credentials.
gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

As Jen said, the long-term r'ship is already an asset without having to close it and open a new one(s). On the other hand, you should have an eye on increasing the number of closed contracts in your history so when the inevitable happens and one goes sideways, negative feedback won't weigh so much. On the other hand, next month they are going to start weighting JSS calculations by dollar value of contracts which means that, with a congenial client who loves your work, there's no upside to chopping things into a bunch of small jobs. 

Judgment calls, dice rolls. Potato, po-tah-to.

I don't suggest chopping up only for JSS.

I also appreciate having a cleanly finished task, closed as a contract.

I don't feel like multi-milestone contracts offer an advantage.

Preston H wrote:

It all depends on the nature of the work and the rhythm of the relationship, as well as the client's preferences. I've had clients who hate dealing w/ the UW interface and preferred just adding milestones to closing contracts and opening new ones. 

Preston H wrote:

If I'm understanding Upwork's latest sojourn into changing the rules correctly, one multi-milestone contract will soon be better for JSS than a string of smaller ones totaling the same amount of work and money.

tlbp
Community Member

Tiffany S wrote:

Preston H wrote:

If I'm understanding Upwork's latest sojourn into changing the rules correctly, one multi-milestone contract will soon be better for JSS than a string of smaller ones totaling the same amount of work and money.

As long as the final parting with the client is amicable. 

Interestingly, the answer came as an email in the last week. Did you see it? What are your thoughts?

Tiffany S wrote:

I don't know what you've read, but I doubt that will be case.

1. Why better rather than equal? I suspect you're assuming that there's a special long-contract bonus. It's often said that there's a JSS benefit from long contracts. But I think this is probably just the long-term client bonus, which I suspect is just based on when you've been paid by a given client, regardless of whether the payments took place within one contract or many. Of course, I could be wrong.

2. As far as I'm aware Upwork has only said that the effect of a contract will be weighted based on earnings. They haven't said that the weights will be proportional to the earnings. I'd be surprised if a $1000 job counts 100 times as much as a $10 job.

Thank you! Did you see the update? How timely!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members