cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone please explain this to me?

Highlighted
Mianne C Member Since: Feb 16, 2015
1 of 4

Last week after the cut-off period for the billing, the amount I usually see under "In Review" payments which eventually goes to "Pending" balances is what I get in full. For example, I received $64.17 for the previous work week, but what came to my "Available" funds is $57.75.

And again there is this $4.20 that is left under "Pending" and the one I have now is dated February 25. 

Can anyone please enlighten me further about this? Thanks!

Highlighted
Rola Marie Paula J Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
2 of 4

Hi,

I did called Odesk Support & it was a new change of platform as you will now be seeing the total amount of your hourly including the Odesk Fee & they will deduct this from you during your withdrawal. A bit confusing from us because before we can only see our own earnings & odesk Fee was already deducted. Now we can see 2 transactions already. the Odesk fee deducted from us & the earnings we had.

@Rogette Mianne C wrote:

Last week after the cut-off period for the billing, the amount I usually see under "In Review" payments which eventually goes to "Pending" balances is what I get in full. For example, I received $64.17 for the previous work week, but what came to my "Available" funds is $57.75.

And again there is this $4.20 that is left under "Pending" and the one I have now is dated February 25. 

Can anyone please enlighten me further about this? Thanks!

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
3 of 4

Hi Rogette,

I understand your confusion and we will consider ways to improve the way it is displayed. To explain it, the earnings on hourly contracts go to "In Review" first, while the fees go straight to "Pending". As a result, a freelancer doing primarily hourly work, will see a negative "Pending" amount. After the "In Review" period expires, the service fee in the "Pending" state will be properly paired with the earnings.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
4 of 4

So  if I have an amount in pending already, doesn't this mean I will be paying the fees even before the money in review has been paid?

For example, suppose I have $100 in pending from a fixed-price job. The money has been in pending for a few days already and I am supposed to get paid the fixed-price job money in three more days. But, I also have an hourly job so that money goes into review but the fees go straight to pending. Now, I have to wait a week for the money to go to pending but the fee is already there..

So if the fee for the hourly job is $50, does that mean the money is subtracted from the money from the fixed-price job? Which means that in three days, I will only get $50 instead of the $100.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS