🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can anyone refer me as a video editor
Page options
7f070b0b
Community Member

Can anyone refer me as a video editor

Hi,

I'm having a pretty rough time with upwork client's. Doing everything as instructed sometimes over expectations, It's like bad review got into me. It's been 9 months, I was a Top Rated but recently some continous bad client's review got me down. My JSS got down and It will decrease even low I'm afraid in the upcoming weeks update.

I'm very hard working and good at my work. I know what I do and capable of. It's an act of desperation and I don't know If it's right or wrong. There are many top rated/ top rated plus freelancer got so many invitations and they ignore it.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Fahim N wrote:

Hi,

I'm having a pretty rough time with upwork client's. Doing everything as instructed sometimes over expectations, It's like bad review got into me. It's been 9 months, I was a Top Rated but recently some continous bad client's review got me down. My JSS got down and It will decrease even low I'm afraid in the upcoming weeks update.

I'm very hard working and good at my work. I know what I do and capable of. It's an act of desperation and I don't know If it's right or wrong. There are many top rated/ top rated plus freelancer got so many invitations and they ignore it.

You don't know how many invitations other freelancers get or if they ignore them. A 89% JSS is not the end of the world. But you made a tactical mistake responding to the client feedback - why did you do that? You had the same text in your feedback anyway, so what's the point? The only effect it has now is that any potential client can read it, and will. The client didn't even leave verbal feedback, the less attention you draw to it, the better. Now you have achieved the opposite. Don't do that again. 

And no, you can't solicit for work on the forum, that is not allowed. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Fahim N wrote:

Hi,

You don't know how many invitations other freelancers get or if they ignore them. A 89% JSS is not the end of the world. But you made a tactical mistake responding to the client feedback - why did you do that? You had the same text in your feedback anyway, so what's the point? The only effect it has now is that any potential client can read it, and will. The client didn't even leave verbal feedback, the less attention you draw to it, the better. Now you have achieved the opposite. Don't do that again. 

And no, you can't solicit for work on the forum, that is not allowed. 

Hi,

I didn't understand that response mistake I did until I read your response here. Now I understand that It was a mistake and I should have avoid it. Thanks.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members