🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Can anyone tell me if this is real?
Page options
nicolepassos
Community Member

Can anyone tell me if this is real?

I'm feeling that I fell into a bad client situation and I'm thinking about cancelling the contract before sending the artwork.

I came into this information, can anyone tell me if it's real? The downside is that it seems it will affect my JSS on the platform, but maybe it's for the best, considering that I'm affraid it could be a scam. 

25E88514-033E-4BAD-89BB-69475101DF21.png

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bilsim
Community Member

If you cancel and refund, they can still leave a private feedback that will afect your JSS. If it's a scam, you should report them to Upwork and they will investigate it further.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
bilsim
Community Member

If you cancel and refund, they can still leave a private feedback that will afect your JSS. If it's a scam, you should report them to Upwork and they will investigate it further.

Thank you Biljana! I was/am very insecure but I'll try to handle in the best way possible to avoid any problems to my account. 

martina_plaschka
Community Member

I came into this information, can anyone tell me if it's real?

It really makes no sense to find some random information on the internet and then ask the forum to confirm it. You should only use what you find on upwork itself. 

No, it's not true. 

nicolepassos
Community Member

I'm sorry Martina, but I'm new here and I thought that was the purpose of a forum. Didn't mean to offend anyone by not knowing everything. Good day. 

We are all learning, and the forum allows us to grow together, so posting honest questions is totally fine!

That's fine, but you posted information you didn't find on upwork. It is better to read everything about upwork on upwork, it will be less confusing. There is the help section, the Academy, all excellent resources how everything works. I recommend you do your homework first, and if there are any questions unanswered, and it hasn't been asked before, by all means come to the forum!

renata101
Community Member

Hi Nicole,

Before you do anything, it might be worth starting a ticket with Upwork to discuss your concerns. You don't say what the bad situation is, and it might be better to find out more about your options before making a decision.

If you feel comfortable discussing the situation here, you might find some freelancers who can give you their perspective. And at least they may let you know how to avoid this situation if you encounter it again.  

It looks like your JSS is 100, but you are not yet top-rated. That means you don't have access to the removal perk, which is good to have in these types of situations. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members