🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Can ask my client to give any job to some...
Page options
sabbir-234
Community Member

Can ask my client to give any job to some other Upwork ID?

Hi, 

Does Upwork allow to ask any client to give the job to some other Upwork ID?

Recently I have submitted a proposal where the client asked me to work far below my desired hourly rate. The rate was not suitable for me. However, I have a sibling, who's Upwork ID is comparatively new. So, I know, he will be okay with that hourly rate as he is new.

In this situation, can I ask my client to give the job to my sibling's ID? Is that permitted on Upwork? Please help. 

Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
rafsun_ug
Community Member

Yes, Upwork allows sharing someone Upwork profile link to a client in private message. In this case, logically, the client should trust you by having a good relationship. If you talking with him for the first time then why you are thinking that your client will follow and trust your reference Freelancer and contact him! I am sure that there are many freelancers already proposed him a lower price than yours! If the rate doesn't suit you, you can explain to him...can request him to contract with you on your desire rate. If your client doesn't agree, you should forget this and go ahead with other proposals. He will find someone on his expected rate. And before submitting for a job, always check the average rate and percentage of hiring.

Capture.PNG

And do you believe this kind of kinship should be on a professional platform especially when you are talking with someone for the first time? I think you should not waste your time here if the rate doesn't suit you!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
rafsun_ug
Community Member

Yes, Upwork allows sharing someone Upwork profile link to a client in private message. In this case, logically, the client should trust you by having a good relationship. If you talking with him for the first time then why you are thinking that your client will follow and trust your reference Freelancer and contact him! I am sure that there are many freelancers already proposed him a lower price than yours! If the rate doesn't suit you, you can explain to him...can request him to contract with you on your desire rate. If your client doesn't agree, you should forget this and go ahead with other proposals. He will find someone on his expected rate. And before submitting for a job, always check the average rate and percentage of hiring.

Capture.PNG

And do you believe this kind of kinship should be on a professional platform especially when you are talking with someone for the first time? I think you should not waste your time here if the rate doesn't suit you!

Thank you very much for this informative answer as well as so logical explanations:)

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths