🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Can blocked client leave you a bad review...
Page options
dionne_melissa
Community Member

Can blocked client leave you a bad review?

Hello! I have been a freelancer on here for several years. Lately, it is getting worse and worse. Clients want the quickest turnaround at the cheapest rates. I just had a bad experience where a client was being very pushy. I did the work but he kept finding something wrong in everything and then he blamed me for missing his "deadline". 

I felt belittled and disrespected so I proceeded to end the contract and block him. Yes, it's rash, but I am at this point now. I feel like I can't breathe anymore... 

I am very worried that he will leave me negative feedback, which would be a first for me...

So here is my question- Can a blocked client still leave you a negative review? 

Thank you to anyone who takes the time to help me! 

Melissa 

5 REPLIES 5
jr-translation
Community Member

Melissa D wrote:

Hello! I have been a freelancer on here for several years. Lately, it is getting worse and worse. Clients want the quickest turnaround at the cheapest rates. I just had a bad experience where a client was being very pushy. I did the work but he kept finding something wrong in everything and then he blamed me for missing his "deadline". 

I felt belittled and disrespected so I proceeded to end the contract and block him. Yes, it's rash, but I am at this point now. I feel like I can't breathe anymore... 

I am very worried that he will leave me negative feedback, which would be a first for me...

So here is my question- Can a blocked client still leave you a negative review? 

Thank you to anyone who takes the time to help me! 

Melissa 

Yes, they can leave a feedback. You can use your perk to remove the feedback, but I would refund the client and save the perk for a larger job. Why did you leave a 5* feedback and wrote it is a "Nice client!" but tell us he was very pushy?

Hi Jennifer, thanks for your answer! Because I'm THAT girl who thinks 1 bad experience doesn't define someone and that it shouldn't affect his potential success on here. Clearly, he didn't think that same. Just saw my review... the most pitiful review I have ever gotten! And i didn't even log in my hours at all! 

I think I should stop playing nice...

Anyway, thanks for your time and help! 

Melissa 

458c0dc0
Community Member

I just had the same issue with the client. I noticed that people who lower your price a lot are the ones creating your headache. From now on, I will not be working with such clients.

I know right!? It is pretty upsetting. And I'm so over people pleasing just
because the "clients" are favored and because I get scared of being given a
bad review as soon as I express a little displeasure... I wish it didn't
have to be like that and we could deserve a bare minimum amount of respect
without causing a fuss.

Goodluck!

Melissa
8ee62258
Community Member

I also had an experience with such a client. I am new to upwork and I think my first mistake was not get the requirement details in advance before starting the work. Although the job looked simple but his unresponsiveness and lack of proper details was making it really hard. Then he started blaming it on me. I think he will leave a bad review but I think i deserve it for the first mistake that I did "To not understand requirement in advance". 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths