🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Can client activate two milestone at the ...
Page options
5fb6010b
Community Member

Can client activate two milestone at the same time.

I have finished my first milestone but the client wants to test after that he will pay me and he says to start working on 2nd milestone but he says Upwork does not allow me to activate two milestones at the same time. so you start working on the next milestone. After my testing. I will release payment of the first milestone and I will activate the second milestone. now, what can I do?

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Billawal B wrote:

what can I do?

Tell the client that you will start working on the second milestone as soon as it is active, but not before. Clients can't activate a milestone until the previous one has been released.

5fb6010b
Community Member

Hi

Thank you for your answer. 

I am new on Upwork and it is my first project. but we set milestones date at the start of the project. now my situation is that he is not releasing payment and the second milestone due date is today at midnight. will this affect my JSS or profile performance?

Thank you

re: "I am new on Upwork and it is my first project. but we set milestones date at the start of the project. now my situation is that he is not releasing payment and the second milestone due date is today at midnight. will this affect my JSS or profile performance?"

Mikestone due dates DO NOT have any impact on JSS or profile performance.

If the client has not released payment for the first milestone, then it means he does not want you to work on the second milestone yet.

If the client has not funded the second milestone, then it means he does not want you to work on the second milestone.

Preston H wrote:

If the client has not funded the second milestone, then it means he does not want you to work on the second milestone.

How incredibly and clearly deliberately misleading! Clearly, the "client" DOES want the freelancer to work on the second milestone. The client actually specifically says so. Did you actually bother to read the original post?

Preston H wrote:

No, it means nothing of the sort. It means that the client knows exactly what they are doing and the freelancer should not comply!

wlyonsatl
Community Member

Billawal B.,

Don't work on any milestone until all payments for previous milestones have been released to you by the ciient or Upwork (14 days after submission of the work using the "Submit" button on the project page) and the client has funded the next milestone for you to work on.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000980507

You client's inability to quickly review your first milestone work is his problem, not yours. This client is either hoping to get free work out of you (by eventually cancelling the project with your work for the second milestone in hand and an unfunded milestone) or doesn't understand how milestones are supposed to work.

This is the sort of situation that means freelancers have to understand how Upwork works better than, or at least as well as, their clients.

Good luck!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths