cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can client add feedback later after closing a project?

2effortless
Ryan H Member Since: Aug 9, 2018
1 of 8

If your client didn't leave feedback when they ended the contract, can they go back in later and add feedback and a performance review to the closed project?

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 8

@Ryan H wrote:

If your client didn't leave feedback when they ended the contract,

It is completely impossible for a client to end a contract without leaving feedback.

2effortless
Ryan H Member Since: Aug 9, 2018
3 of 8

She left a star rating, but no actual written feedback. I think I figured out how to enable the feature that allows her to go back in and edit her submission. 

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 8

re: "She left a star rating, but no actual written feedback."

Yes. That is fine. That is considered feedback.

The only job on your profile is closed with FIVE STARS. That is a perfect score. You can not get more than five stars.

re: "I think I figured out how to enable the feature that allows her to go back in and edit her submission."

It IS possible to do that.

As an Upwork freelancer who is also a client who has hired over 75 freelancers, I ask you:

Please don't do that.

If I didn't leave you written feedback, it is because I did not want to leave you written feedback.

Whether or not I leave you written feedback has absolutely no impact on your Job Success Score.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
5 of 8

This has NOTHING to do with the original poster. It is just a hypothetical:

What if I am a freelancer, and a client left me great feedback.. A great star rating...

What if I clicked the button that allows the client to edit the feedback...

Am I positive I know what she will say? Am I certain that the star average rating won't go down?

pennyswift
Penny S Member Since: Jan 11, 2016
6 of 8

That's not true ... they usually leave feedback but don;t have to. "When a contract ends, clients usually leave you feedback as part of that process."

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
7 of 8

Penny S wrote:

That's not true ... they usually leave feedback but don;t have to. "When a contract ends, clients usually leave you feedback as part of that process."

If the client ends the contract, they will leave feedback. It is physically impossible to close a contract without doing so. If you close the contract, the client may or may not leave feedback.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
8 of 8

Penny: If a client closes the contract, he will usually leave written feedback. But the doesn't have to. He can leave written feedback blank.

If he is closing the contract, he must leave star-based skill evaluation feedback. He must click on six skill evaluations or he can't proceed to close the contract.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS