🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can client give me a bad feedback even if its...
Page options
desality
Community Member

Can client give me a bad feedback even if its not my fault?

I Have just cancelled the project due to lack of communication from client side. Client wanted fast turnaround ie within 2hrs and did not provide enough details and never responed even after sending multiple messages. Is there any remedy if client falsly give me a bad feedback for not completeing the task and refunding the money?

Regards

Rahul

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rahul,

Preston is right. Upwork's algorithm-driven freelancer "rating" system has no interest in taking "fault" into account.

In my experience clients who are uncommunicative and just disappear without a trace don't usually then take time out of their day to leave feedback for freelancers they never really worked with. But keep an eye on this project for a couple of weeks and respond to the client's feedback, in case he's the rare bird who does decide that the only work he wants to do on his own project is leave feedback for you.

The chances are you have nothing to worry about.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Once you and a client agree to a contract on Upwork, Rahul, that client will have the option to leave feedback (public and private) on your permanent Upwork record within 14 days of the project being closed, cancelled, etc.

We have been told on this board that public client feedback can be hidden/removed in some circumstances. The private client feedback (the most important element in your JSS calculation) is permanent unless you have Top Rated status as a freelancer and you use the Top Rated perk to periodically delete a client's recent permanent feedback from public view and your JSS calculation.

Thanks for your response. My JSS score is 100% how can i remove negative private feedback as it was not my fault if client was just disappeared after awarding the project and never responded. 

wlyonsatl
Community Member

Does Upwork's system show that the client left feedback for you on this project?

Are you a Top Rated freelancer? https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068468-Top-Rated

Feedback is not about "fault."

But if a client truly disappears, you don't need to worry, because there will be no client feedback.

Not yet .. client is still missing. but i have fear that he will left a negative feedback. as for me being top rated provider, I  just got active on upwork recently so not much earning but have 100% satisfaction score. 

Rahul,

Preston is right. Upwork's algorithm-driven freelancer "rating" system has no interest in taking "fault" into account.

In my experience clients who are uncommunicative and just disappear without a trace don't usually then take time out of their day to leave feedback for freelancers they never really worked with. But keep an eye on this project for a couple of weeks and respond to the client's feedback, in case he's the rare bird who does decide that the only work he wants to do on his own project is leave feedback for you.

The chances are you have nothing to worry about.

Two weeks.

That is how much time the client has to leave feedback. After 14 days, it's over.

Close the contract. Wait 14 days. Then you are clear.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members