🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Can clients leave feedback if you ended t...
Page options
youngtiffanyt
Community Member

Can clients leave feedback if you ended the contract before any work was done or money exchanged?

I had a client with whom I had to end a contract. I couldn't complete the work because we had sickness in the family. Also, the client was late several times giving me instructions and he was somewhat vague in his expectations. And, I just really felt like I was not a good match for what they were looking for in a freelancer. I felt given the circumstances, it would be best to end the contract before I did any work. Can they still leave me feedback? I'm worried they will be mad I ended the contract and give me negative feedback.
1 REPLY 1
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Can clients leave feedback if you ended the contract before any work was done or money exchanged?"

Yes.

If YOU (as the freelancer) close the contract, then you MUST leave feedback.

But the client does NOT need to leave feedback. The client may or may not leave feedback. Once you close the contract, the client has a 14-day window during which he may leave feedback.

Because no money is exchanged, nothing will appear on your public profile page. No written feedback. No star average. No mention of the contract. The client's private feedback will NOT affect your JSS. Unless it is negative. Negative feedback left by a client for a zero-pay contract CAN have a negative impact on JSS.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members