cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can clients or freelancer change feedback?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
11 of 18

@Mark D wrote:

Do you happen to know the "slap on the wrist" penalty for those violations? I've also debated reaching out to them to change the feedback, but I'm doubtful of the success of that. Maybe a little leverage might help.

Mark, use the perk on one and let it go. Seriously.  Any hint of "leverage" might sooner see your account in trouble than help.  Any hint of attempted feedback manipulation and you're toast. At best the top rated badge goes for three months.

Also, feedback change only affects the public feedback which is basically more or less meaaningless. Private feedback (which is what affects JSS) - can not be changed.

Highlighted
Mark D Member Since: Nov 14, 2016
12 of 18

You're right. I should just let it be. I had an irritation flare-up the other day, lol.

I'll take your advice Smiley Wink

Highlighted
Community Guru
Janean L Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
13 of 18

Quote: " I have an odd situation where a client gave me low ratings after they attempted to cut my pay after delivery. "

Alas, Mark, this is not an "odd" situation at all. It happens all too often. There are many, many fabulous clients on Upwork. There are also scammers, cheapskates, clueless and unprofessional oafs, manipulative scoundrels, and generally skinflint grouches.

Highlighted
14 of 18

Oh, I agree. I'm pretty good at weeding out the nutballs.

What made this situation odd was that it was actually a great relationship for over six months. Lots of excellent feedback. Interesting articles. Then I delivered an article in scope and they came back and said they wanted me to double the content with more research. I pointed out the scope issue, completely professionally and waited for a response (I assumed they would realize what they asked for and offer more $$--seriously, I didn't see this as a big issue at all). The next thing I know, they handed it off to someone inhouse without getting back to me and because I "refused" to comply with the request, they were cutting the fee in half--despite using the entirety of the content I provided. When I objected, the antagonism skyrocketed, /**Edited for Community Guidelines**, right?

Highlighted
15 of 18

oops, sorry for the naughty acronym. I thought the acronym was so the naughty wasn't explicit, lol. Sorry.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Janean L Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
16 of 18

Bizarre!  So they changed it up; expected you to do more for the same pay; used your material anyway; and then to frost the cake, decided that your original work wasn't even worth the payment to which they had originally agreed! And prior to this, they had liked your work and all had been well. Do I have that right?

Okay -- that IS odd, even by Upwork's Weird Client standards.

Highlighted
17 of 18

You've got it exactly right! I'm still scratching my head over it. I honestly thought I'd get an embarrassed email apologizing for what was apparently a very bad day for someone. Nope.

Highlighted
Lauri K Member Since: Dec 16, 2016
18 of 18

It's good to hear that I'm not the only one with feedback problems. I finished a big job for a client. In messaging they said the work was "outstanding" and they told me they were giving me the full amount of stars because I was professional and efficient. Then they wanted another book, two in fact, and I upped my price significantly and they would not budge on their price so I said, no problem. I think I have the right to negotiate for better money especially since I proved I could do a good job, "outstanding" even. They thought otherwise, fari enough.   I thought we'd both be on our seperate ways. But no. They decided I was now uncooperative and marked me down so my solid 5.0 is messed up. Anyway, I was very angry but I'm just leaving it now. I feel as if I dodged a bullet by upping my rate and losing the job. Minus one problem, though it is still unfair and I think very petty on their part.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS