cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can feedback be deleted by Upwork?

Ace Contributor
Linda B Member Since: Oct 13, 2015
1 of 10
I submitted a request regarding this issue but the last request I sent disappeared and caused the following problem: A client hired me and I could not see messages from this client (though I could see there were messages I could not read them). I sent a support request but heard nothing. The client ended the job before the problem was fixed. Now I have feedback of 2 stars (and private feedback) but this has nothing to do with my ability as it was all due to an Upwork glitch. I have requested that the feedback be removed from my profile but wanted to see if anyone else has ever had this happen. I am a bit disappointed to not only lose a client but also have such bad feedback due to no fault of my own. Thanks.
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 10

Yeah, that's frustrating. I'd be miffed too. But they probably won't do it. 

I've had a couple of snafus due to the message center where I had to play damage control. Freelancers are flakey, so when you're not flakey, you have to prove yourself with new clients especially. It's annoying. This guy probably had to deal with flakey freelancers and the issue made you look like one too. 

Community Guru
Andrea B Member Since: Feb 20, 2015
3 of 10

Linda,

may I ask you when did you experience this issue? Many users in the last 24 hours are having many issues with messages, but on my side the messaging system is working like a charm.

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
4 of 10

If I were her, the 2 lower rated job contracts are still open, so they are collapsed within her active jobs. Since Upwork collapses current jobs by default, I would leave the contracts open until you know that you have some incoming jobs and then close it while I was busy with other jobs that will push it down the list when they are closed.

Ace Contributor
Linda B Member Since: Oct 13, 2015
5 of 10

This issue happened 2 weeks ago. I only just saw the feedback as I did not provide feedback because I was still waiting to hear from Upwork support. The client was not receiving my messages nor I theirs....

Community Guru
Andrea B Member Since: Feb 20, 2015
6 of 10

Then it has nothing to do with the most recent issues on the messaging system.

It's a sad story, and I really hope Upwork could fix this... I really understand your concerns (and your disappoint, since it's not your fault).

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
7 of 10

Hi Linda,

I have checked and it looks like you were affected by the issue with the message counter displaying unread messages even when there weren't any unread messages. It has since been fixed. The messages that were sent were delivered though. It also appears that client's feedback was not related to communication issues.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Jessica S Member Since: Dec 4, 2015
8 of 10

@Valeria K wrote:

Hi Linda,

I have checked and it looks like you were affected by the issue with the message counter displaying unread messages even when there weren't any unread messages. It has since been fixed. The messages that were sent were delivered though. It also appears that client's feedback was not related to communication issues.

Valeria, what IF there were system problems, that you could verify, and the low feedback was directly related to communication problems. Would Upwork remove the feedback and adjust the JSS accordingly?  

If Upwork was willing to remove feedback and adjust scores for situations that have nothing to do with "success"  I would feel better about this place but it appears they are not - under any circumstances. Like if a client closes an hourly contract with no pay or work so he can re-open a fixed rate contract, why can't Upwork remove that contract from a JSS score? 

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
9 of 10

Hi Jessica,

Please, refer to the Feedback Policies for information about possible cases when feedback may get removed.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Jessica S Member Since: Dec 4, 2015
10 of 10

@Valeria K wrote:

Hi Jessica,

Please, refer to the Feedback Policies for information about possible cases when feedback may get removed.

So Upwork would not remove feedback if a problem in the system caused work to be delayed or messages missed.  And they won't remove a contract from a JSS score if it was just closed to switch method of pay (hourly to fixed) or some other reason such as...the client decided, before the job even started, that he needs to postpone it due to budget restraints. So he closes it with no work or pay - through no fault of the contractor. Or ...he just leaves it open and months go by...

why not?  

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS