🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can freelancer cancel a contract on first 24 ...
Page options
34454d88
Community Member

Can freelancer cancel a contract on first 24 hours without penalty

hi, I've read this article that the freelancer can cancel a project in first 24 hours without penalty (https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/4407516715411-Cancel-a-Project)

Is this is also the case for contracts?

if freelancer canclled it on first 24 hours and refunded the worked hours to client. can client still give feedback and affect freelancer's JSS.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Amjed,

I have been on Upwork for many years, but the idea that a freelancer can "cancel a project within 24 hours of receiving a client’s requirements" is new to me. That may only apply to jobs that are in the freelancer's catalog, an arrangement I don't use.

I'd feel better if the wording was "cancel a project within 24 hours of both client and freelancer agreeing to a contract," if that policy is supposed to apply to all Upwork contracts.

A freelancer can receive a client's requirements both before and after a contract is in place. Previously once a contract was in place on Upwork there was a penalty to the JSS for closed contracts with no earnings. And once a contract was in place the client had the permanent ability to leave feedback for the freelancer.

Be sure you know exactly what this wording means in terms of what you'd like to do with your own client.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Amjed,

I have been on Upwork for many years, but the idea that a freelancer can "cancel a project within 24 hours of receiving a client’s requirements" is new to me. That may only apply to jobs that are in the freelancer's catalog, an arrangement I don't use.

I'd feel better if the wording was "cancel a project within 24 hours of both client and freelancer agreeing to a contract," if that policy is supposed to apply to all Upwork contracts.

A freelancer can receive a client's requirements both before and after a contract is in place. Previously once a contract was in place on Upwork there was a penalty to the JSS for closed contracts with no earnings. And once a contract was in place the client had the permanent ability to leave feedback for the freelancer.

Be sure you know exactly what this wording means in terms of what you'd like to do with your own client.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

This is only for projects, not regular contracts. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths