🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Can freelancers freely edit their profile...
Page options
odeskos
Community Member

Can freelancers freely edit their profile descriptions

Hello,

I'm a client and just stumbled upon a funny looking freelancer profile and so I wonder: do profiles need approval before going live or it goes live the moment you edit/save it?

5 REPLIES 5
versailles
Community Member

John S wrote:

Hello,

I'm a client and just stumbled upon a funny looking freelancer profile and so I wonder: do profiles need approval before going live or it goes live the moment you edit/save it?

No approval, they can edit them whenever they want.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
martina_plaschka
Community Member

John S wrote:

Hello,

Freelancer profiles need approval, and only 2% of applications are accepted. 

Martina P

Freelancer ACCOUNTS need to be approved, once a person has an approved account, they can change their profile at will without approval. How long have you been on the platform? Freelancers have always been able to edit their profile. 

Martina P wrote:

John S wrote:

Hello,

Freelancer profiles need approval, and only 2% of applications are accepted. 

I would say "approval" is not necessarily quite the word for the process.

But once new freelancers start earning, they have to verify their ID.

John (OP), if you believe the profile is copied, contains provable lies, has stolen items in the portfolio, etc. you can and should flag the profile.  When you do this a box will appear where you can indicate why you flagged/reported the account.  If you can show or link back to original work, freelancer image, etc. check "other" and then note the  infraction and include links to the original item that the freelancer stole.

We do this all the time; clients doing the same carries more weight.  

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members