🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can freelancers see what I am paying others f...
Page options
04c1c414
Community Member

Can freelancers see what I am paying others for the same job?

Hi,

If I am hiring multiple freelancers for the same job, can each one see who all I have hired and how much I am paying them? And if so, how can i stop that from happening?

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
petra_r
Community Member

Rishi P wrote:

If I am hiring multiple freelancers for the same job, can each one see who all I have hired and how much I am paying them? 

Yes, they could, if they look at the job post.

Rishi P wrote:

And if so, how can i stop that from happening?

That depends on how much you are hiring. Enterprise clients or significant clients with tens or hundreds of thousands of Dollars every month can request their spending to be hidden. 

You have the choice to pay freelancers who do the same kind of work fairly by paying them the same, more or less, then there are no issues with the freelancers seeing what you pay.

It's not necessarily a problem if some freelancers find out that you're paying others more; it could be argued that they wouldn't have agreed to work with you if they were unhappy about the pay. Perhaps they live in a country where the cost of living is low, or they don't have enough experience to command a higher fee. But it's also possible that you'll hire a freelancer who does resent the pay and only agreed to it because they're new or desperate; you probably won't get their best work, and they'll be off as soon as they find another client. So if you find good freelancers and you want to retain them, it's in your best interests to pay them all fairly from the outset.

98ff2689
Community Member

I was just told by Upworks customer service that the freelancers do not know about each other.  So there is conflicting info here.

It is generally best to avoid relying on information from Upwork's customer service. 

This is a problem.

Is there any way around this ?    Any way to privatize a job so other FLs don't see prices / fees paid ?   Can one clone a project and hire a seperate FL on the private clone project ?

spectralua
Community Member

Cannot. Only after job done it will be shown at FLs account with amount (if not hidden). So FL can wait then check price paid.

Not true. It shows up under jobs in progress as soon as any payment is made. 

Yep, after payment done. But not hired price after hired. I think question about group hired, when one unable to see price of others.

Sure, but you said after the job ended. Really, it's after the first weekly payment or milestone. So, if it's a longer-term project, the other freelancers will be able to see as soon as one of those things happens, maybe within a week or so.

Yes, your clarification is correct. Thanks.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members