🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can i add bonus payment in milestone payment?
Page options
qadeerahmad523
Community Member

Can i add bonus payment in milestone payment?

Hi! I successfully achieved my milestone given by the client, the client says he gave me a bonus on my excellent work. can I add bonus payments in milestone payment while I submitting the project? or It is best to take a bonus payment aside? So maybe the bonus payment save from the upwork deduction process? Smiley Tongue

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

You may modify the amount of money to be released as a milestone payment to ANY amount above the escrowed dollar amount. You can thus pay a bonus associated with a milestone.

Alternatively, you may use the client-side Pay Bonus tool at any time, external to any association with a milestone.

You can even use the Pay Bonus tool on a closed contract.

I advise against modifying the payment request on milestone completion - it confuses clients. Ask the client to add a bonus from his side, show him how via screenshot if necessary.

Preston H wrote:

You may modify the amount of money to be released as a milestone payment to ANY amount above the escrowed dollar amount. You can thus pay a bonus associated with a milestone.

Alternatively, you may use the client-side Pay Bonus tool at any time, external to any association with a milestone.

You can even use the Pay Bonus tool on a closed contract.

He's the freelancer, not the client.

Qadeer A wrote:

Hi! I successfully achieved my milestone given by the client, the client says he gave me a bonus

If the client says that he "gave" a bonus, that would mean it's already paid. Take look at your reports page.

There is no need to request a bonus. Either the client has paid it or will pay it, but bonuses are voluntary, not something to be "requested."

Qadeer A wrote:

So maybe the bonus payment save from the upwork deduction process? Smiley Tongue

The Upwork fee applies to bonus payments in the very same way as to any other payment, so it makes no difference.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members