🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can i end contract
Page options
2d61a53b
Community Member

Can i end contract

Hi im hired on a job for gathering reviews on some newly launched books in spanish & purtagees. Before i got the offer i was not aware of the language of books meanwhile two books are of different type not suitable for my moral values i.e how to flirt man , how to get your ex back ... what should i do ? Its my 1st job...can i end this contract i accepted? If yes than if it would be bad for my profile for myself ??
2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Iram H wrote:
Hi im hired on a job for gathering reviews on some newly launched books in spanish & purtagees. Before i got the offer i was not aware of the language of books meanwhile two books are of different type not suitable for my moral values i.e how to flirt man , how to get your ex back ... what should i do ? Its my 1st job...can i end this contract i accepted? If yes than if it would be bad for my profile for myself ??

Getting paid for revierws is a violation of Upwork's terms of service anyway...

You can apologize to the client and end the contract. The client may or may not leave (private) feedback which may affect your metrics in the future, but nothing will show on your profile.

You need to carefully check what a contract entails before you accept it. If you had checked out the books before the contracts started, this wouldn't have happened, would it?

kinector
Community Member

You can definitely just close the project, but if you do, will the client get what he/she is after? If no, you'll probably get a bad review assuming the offer was accepted and the contract is in place. Expectations were not met, time was lost.

What you can try is to explain the situation to your client politely and professionally.

But the real solution is that maybe next time you try to understand what exactly the job is and only then accept the offer. 😉

If you have different moral opinions than your client has, it would be the interview stage where you can screen your client and assess the suitability of the project.

I hope this helps. 👍
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members