🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can i have multiple accounts in some special ...
Page options
huzaifa_zafar
Community Member

Can i have multiple accounts in some special scenario?

Dear Team, I just want to know before going further.  I have my personal account on upwork. But now my company wants to join upwork. They asked me to set up a profile for them. So I have to create an agency on upwork on behalf of my company. As per the upwork policy, there should be the first freelancer account before making its agency.

In the current scenario, I can't use my personal account for my company. So it is ok if I make another account for my company so that I can create the agency.

So I will be using both accounts. The agency account will be used by me and owners. But i will be using my personal account with the agency.

Is that violates the upwork policy? I can use different accounts on same machine? 

I need your opinion.

2 REPLIES 2
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Huzaifa Z wrote:

Dear Team, I just want to know before going further.  I have my personal account on upwork. But now my company wants to join upwork. They asked me to set up a profile for them. So I have to create an agency on upwork on behalf of my company. As per the upwork policy, there should be the first freelancer account before making its agency.

In the current scenario, I can't use my personal account for my company. So it is ok if I make another account for my company so that I can create the agency.

So I will be using both accounts. The agency account will be used by me and owners. But i will be using my personal account with the agency.

Is that violates the upwork policy? I can use different accounts on same machine? 

I need your opinion.

No, you can't do that - having more than one account is a serious TOS violation that could get you banned. Why doesn't somebody else at your company set up the agency account and invite you to join as a freelancer? But you should do a search for information about agencies on Upwork and find out exactly how they work before you go any further.

petra_r
Community Member

Huzaifa Z wrote:

. So it is ok if I make another account for my company so that I can create the agency.

Absolutely not, unless you want to get both of your accounts and the agency suspended.The owners have to create freelancer accounts, and if they are accepted, can create the agency and appoint your existing profile (!!) as an agency admin. Then the employees need to create profiles, and if they are accepted, they can be added to the agency.

Huzaifa Z wrote:

In the current scenario, I can't use my personal account for my company.

Whyever not? It is the only way.

If you create another account (especially now you have announced your plan to do so) you might lose both.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members