cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i have my withdrawal connects

Muhammad I Member Since: Oct 10, 2018
1 of 10

I just withdraw my connects from some jobs because they didn't respond back to me so I want to know that can I have my those connects back or not?

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
2 of 10

@Muhammad I wrote:

I just withdraw my connects from some jobs because they didn't respond back to me so I want to know that can I have my those connects back or not?

Withdrawing proposals does not return connects to you. You can leave them open or not, makes no difference. 

3 of 10

Smiley Sad that's not fare.

4 of 10

And can you please let me know about my archived connects? why those are achieved?

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
5 of 10

@Muhammad I wrote:

And can you please let me know about my archived connects? why those are achieved?

I think those are jobs that the client has closed. 

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
6 of 10

@Muhammad I wrote:

The reasons are next to the job titles in your archived proposals

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
7 of 10

re: "that's not fair"

Muhammad:

Submitting proposals and then withdrawing them and getting credits for the withdrawals and then submitting to new jobs is pretty much the OLD system, before connects were introducted. There are many long threads that discuss why the change was made. You can search for the topic using the "subject" search box in the Forum.

But the main point is that Upwork made the change to prevent clients from being deluged by huge numbers of applications from freelancers who were kind of just randomly bidding on everything and anything. It was annoying to the clients, and not helpful to them.

In the new connects system, one of the most important features is that freelancers DO NOT get their connects back when they withdraw a proposal. That is an important service that Upwork provides to clients.

It is actually helpful to freelancers as well. It means you don't need to write as many proposals. You can focus only on the jobs that are the best fit.

The really successful freelancers here don't even write proposals or use connects. I rarely use connects at all. I can use all my time just working on projects that I get invited to or working with repeat clients. That's really the goal.

Jose L Member Since: Jan 3, 2018
8 of 10

I disagree... It seems to me this is a clever way to get more money from freelancers Smiley Happy

9 of 10

can you please explain me in detail?

Rakesh S Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
10 of 10

In summary cheating the freelancers that are bidding for small projects. Most of the projects client will not respond and the connects will go off. 

I think its time to change

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS