🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can i login into two different Upwork account...
Page options
jdee007
Community Member

Can i login into two different Upwork accounts on same laptop

Hi there

Thank you all for reading my thread. I am using Upwork from last year having a 91% Profile rating as of now, so my question is about logging two different Upwork accounts on the same laptop because I have started doing an Internship at my friend's Sofware House place and he is also using Upwork profile with the linked Agency. I am about to work on some projects now by using the same wifi & I want to know if its fine to log in two different Upwork account on my personal laptop. We will use a different browser for these accounts but the Mac address of my laptop would be the same.

If there is any way to ask for permission from Upwork or any other guidelines or rules to be followed before we start using, please let me know in the comments.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Malik,

It is not a problem to share the same IP address with more users as long as you don't share your account with another person. Please note that each Upworker must have their own unique account on Upwork. It's important that you don't share your login credentials with anybody and don't log into other users' accounts as it's a serious violation of Upwork TOS.

You can check this help article for more information on how to join the agency and this help article form instructions on how to work under it.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
2591126f
Community Member

Malik J wrote:

Hi there

I am about to work on some projects now by using his profile & I want to know if its fine to log in two different Upwork account on my personal laptop. I will use a different browser for these accounts but the Mac address of my laptop would be the same.

You and your friend actually need to be banned from upwork for ToS violation. What on earth makes you think that working on project using someone else profile is acceptable practice?

jdee007
Community Member

that's why I have opened this thread to make sure about ToS because I have read many threads on the same topic where people saying its totally fine to log in two different accounts. And my friend is running a verified Upwork Agency also. where Employees work. I don't understand how its possible 

Malik J wrote:

that's why I have opened this thread to make sure about ToS because I have read many threads on the same topic where people saying its totally fine to log in two different accounts. And my friend is running a verified Upwork Agency also. where Employees work. I don't understand how its possible 

Two different people are allowed to use the same computer but only using their own accounts. It's definitely against the TOS to log into somebody else's account and work on a project that wasn't awarded to you - there are no threads that say this is "totally fine". Both of your accounts could be banned.

All right, so if he needs to use my laptop then it's fine, I understand now. 

I was confused earlier. I have to logout my Upwork account from the browser and also the Time tracker app, then he can use my laptop with his account - but not mine. That's what my main question was about.

2591126f
Community Member

Malik J wrote:

Logging two accounts on a laptop is probably acceptable but not desirable. But You said you work on projects from your friends account. This is not acceptable and violation of ToS.

jdee007
Community Member

No, I don't work from his account. I have different skills at my profile about article writing & graphic Designing, how can I work on something which I don't have any skills. I was asking about being shifted from my home to this place and my laptop is always connected to the same Wifi where he also works. So I hope to have the same IP will not be an issue while I am working from my profile.

Because before I was working from home & My IP was unique - only am the person who works on Upwork using my Home's Wifi,  But now here he is also working on Upwork, and now I also have to connect to the same wifi. I follow the TOS that's why I am clearing up my mind, Building at Upwork profile at 90% is so hard & it took a lot of effort and hard work for me. Am always Thankful to Upwork for providing the best service as a Freelance Marketplace. & Giving us an opportunity to work as a Freelancer Smiley Happy

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Malik,

It is not a problem to share the same IP address with more users as long as you don't share your account with another person. Please note that each Upworker must have their own unique account on Upwork. It's important that you don't share your login credentials with anybody and don't log into other users' accounts as it's a serious violation of Upwork TOS.

You can check this help article for more information on how to join the agency and this help article form instructions on how to work under it.

~ Bojan
Upwork
jdee007
Community Member

Thank You Bojan for the guide, this is exactly what i was looking for.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths