🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can i post both private and public feedback f...
Page options
nicolemandap
Community Member

Can i post both private and public feedback for my difficult client

Hi, 

I have been consulting with UpWork support in the past days regarding my difficult client. When UpWork reached out to her for us to possibly discuss the contract end and to at least end it amicably, she was not pleased and thought I filed a complaint against her. 

Without discussing anything and after acknowledging that I offered for her not to pay me anymore she abruptly ended the contract. I still responded professionally and even wished her well moving forward. 

My fear now is that she left bad feedback which I assume would be based solely on her side. 

I understand that regardless of not giving her proper feedback her supposed feedback (if there is any) will still be posted on my profile within 14 days. 

I also gathered that after her feedback has been posted, i will no longer have the option to leave her one. 

I plan on leaving her feedback but in a professional and constructive way. So she will not how to deal with her future freelancers better of her future hires will know how it will be to work with her. 

Can I give both private and public feedback? 

Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
wescowley
Community Member

Nicole M wrote:

Yes. There's a 1-10 private feedback along with the public stars and narrative.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
wescowley
Community Member

Nicole M wrote:

Yes. There's a 1-10 private feedback along with the public stars and narrative.

Thanks, Wes!

petra_r
Community Member

Nicole M wrote:

I have been consulting with UpWork support in the past days regarding my difficult client. When UpWork reached out to her for us to possibly discuss the contract end and to at least end it amicably, she was not pleased and thought I filed a complaint against her. !

Well, you did. That was a really, REALLY bad move. You need to manage your own client releationships, or ask for help, but getting Upwork to step right into a running contract was never going to end way other than a disaster.

So what was all the advice you got here in aid of? The advice that would NOT have resulted in the client being furious (with some justification) and ending the contract in a rage?

Nicole M wrote:

Yes.

In future, don't set Upwork on clients who are already not thrilled while the contract is still open. It guarantees a bad outcome. I am not sure what you were thinking.

I have actually emailed the support team ahead of my trying to reach out for help here.

I thought it was an ethical way to seek technical advice at that time because I didn't want to upset my client.

Unfortunately, it did not end well. And point taken, I should have waited for her even if it took long. The advice I got from the community was helpful I just didn't know how to handle it I guess. This is a first and I will definitely be smarter next time. Thanks for all your advice!

filip_knezevic
Community Member

Oh yes! Remeber that for this client, the bar is not 1 to 10 stars, it is 1 to 1. 😛 

Thanks, Filip! Smiley Very Happy

I gave my rating already and her rating appeared on my profile already. Just the ratings without verbal feedback. 

Can she still edit her feedback? 

Nicole M wrote:

I gave my rating already and her rating appeared on my profile already. Just the ratings without verbal feedback. 

Can she still edit her feedback? 

Only if you click the button on the contract to allow her to.

I did not. Thanks for the response, Wes. This will give me peace of mind. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths