🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can i use my friends payoneer or Local bank t...
Page options
tassawarazambaj
Community Member

Can i use my friends payoneer or Local bank to withdraw my funds

Hi
I got an issue that I don't have my personal account and i am unable to withdraw my funds because upwork doesn't allow different name bank account and also payoneer needs same name bank account to signed up.
I just wanna add my friends payoneer or local bank for my funds.
Thank you

7 REPLIES 7
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Upwork doesn't allow you to withdraw to a payment method that isn't in your own name. Otherwise dishonest freelancers would be signing up with fake names (or purchased accounts) even more often than they already do.

Thanks for replying
Can you please tell me then how can i withdraw?

Open a bank account under your own name, and then withdraw. 

Tassawar A wrote:

Can you please tell me then how can i withdraw?

Why don't you just open your own account?

Becasue in my country its very rushy and irritating to open why cant i use my brother or my friends bank account?

re: "Because in my country its very rushy and irritating to open."

I'm sorry to hear that. It sounds like there are things that could be improved upon with regards to the banking system in your country. Maybe in the future things will get better.

re: "Why can't I use my brother's or my friend's bank account?"

Because it probably won't work.

Upwork's software systems check for a match between the freelancer's name and the name on the withdrawal account. If the names do not match, then the withdrawal will be blocked or the freelancer's finances will be locked or something else bad is likely to happen.

Hello Mam, Payoneer blocked my account permanently. So I wanted to know if I can withdraw to my Mom's Payoneer account. Please let me know. Thank you!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members