🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can i use one bank account in multiple upwork...
Page options
apurohit20
Community Member

Can i use one bank account in multiple upwork accounts

Can i use one bank account in multiple upwork accounts

6 REPLIES 6
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hello Abhishek,

Freelancers need to use their own bank accounts so that our team can verify it as a payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
colettelewis
Community Member

How many Upwork accounts have you got? 

9ee5ee83
Community Member

I ALSO WANT TO KNOW THIS
petra_r
Community Member

Danial D wrote:
I ALSO WANT TO KNOW THIS

The bank account linked to a freelancer's account must be in that freelancer's name (or joint names). So a bank account can only be shared between 2 or more people, if all of them are official signatories and joint owners of the bank account and their names are on the bank account.

re: "Can i use one bank account in multiple upwork accounts"

Yes.

"Paul" is a freelancer who withdraws his earnings to his Chase bank account.

Paul wanted to hire some freelancers to work for him. He created a "client aspect" to his existing Upwork login account. Upwork literature refers to this as a "client" account.

Paul uses a credit card linked to the same bank account to FUND payments to freelancers.

Paul also uses the SAME PayPal account to withdraw his freelancer earnings, AND to pay freelancers.

For a side business, Paul created a SECOND client acount within his Upwork login account.

Paul uses the SAME bank account/credit card to pay freelancers from both of these Upwork client accounts.

Moreover, Paul's wife is also an Upwork freelancer. Paul and his wife share a joint checking account. Both of them are fully named beneficiaries on the same bank account. They both use that bank account to withdraw their freelancer earnings.

Because Paul and his wife both withdraw funds to the same account, Upwork has automated algorithms which keep a close eye on Paul's Upwork activity, work patterns, etc. Paul's account occasionally gets flagged and Upwork personnel manually examine to Paul's account to make sure there is no indication that Paul is cheating the system.

Preston H wrote:

re: "Can i use one bank account in multiple upwork accounts"

Yes.

Theoretically, "Yes, maybe, with a lot of "buts..."

Realistically, given the evidence we see here, "incredibly unlikely"

Don't tell people "Yes" when you know fully well (or should know) how unlikely that "yes" is in their situation because too many people stop reading at "Yes".

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths