🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Can my client and I suspend an account
Page options
kathy1010
Community Member

Can my client and I suspend an account

Hi. I have a longterm client. She a wedding blogger living in the ashes of Seattle. Obviously, she is not ready to start her account up just yet. I know I get into trouble when an account is inactive too long; this one has been a while. I'm talking to her and she needs more time. She's reluctant to close the account. Is there a way to suspect it for a while without penalty?

Thanks, Guys. 

3 REPLIES 3
JoanneP

Hi Virginia,

If you're referring to an option to temporarily pause a contract, yes, this option is available, and your client can restart once they're ready to continue working with you on the project. You may share this information with your client. Let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

That's great. Just to be sure - she might not reopen until September. Can we put a hold on this until that time? Thanks so much.

Virginia F wrote:

That's great. Just to be sure - she might not reopen until September. Can we put a hold on this until that time? Thanks so much.

Only hourly contracts can be paused. That doesn't make any difference though. A paused inactive hourly contract is just as inactive as a non-paused inactive hourly contract. Pausing a contract doesn't make it any more active, does it?

A fixed rate contract will automatically get closed after 90 days if there are funds in escrow.

BUT if any money has been paid under the contract it doesn't hurt your JSS either way, so as long as you have earned at least a Dollar under the contract from the start, you can relax and forget all about it until the client is ready to get going again. No need for or point in pausing as it makes no difference whatsoever at all.

The only thing that matters is whether money has already changed hands or not.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths