cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can my girlfriend and my brother work with me on 1 computer?

Dima A Member Since: Dec 17, 2018
1 of 3

I’ve been editing videos for several months here, but my brother and my girlfriend are also doing this professionally (she’s still editing photos and creating websites). The fact is that we only have one powerful computer that we all use from time to time.
They also want to register and work here, but I'm afraid that UpWork might ban us (Upwork will think that this is one person). What should we do ? They will be able to work with me on the same computer (the same IP address)? They will be able to confirm their identity, if necessary.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 3

Upwork places no limits on how many people can use the same computer.

Just make sure each person who works on Upwork uses their own Upwork account.

Also, each person really should have their own profile/account on the computer.

Upwork very likely will notice more than one person using the same computer, but that's not against the rules. So Upwork is not going to take action against you unless there other signs that you are breaking any rules.

Upwork MIGHT ask you and the other users to confirm their identities. (For example.) But if all users are indeed different people, that won't be a problem. Because you all have separate ID cards and can separately pass video verification.

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
BEST ANSWER
3 of 3

Hi Dima,

You are allowed to share the same IP address and computer with more users as long as you don't share your account with another person. It's important that you don't share your log in credentials with anybody and don't log into other users' accounts as it's a serious violation of Upwork ToS.

~ Bojan
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS