🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can new freelancers survive on upwork?
Page options
dad5e9dc
Community Member

Can new freelancers survive on upwork?

I am a Brand Designer. I completed my profile 100% a long ago and sending proposals for months now!!at this moment i lost all of my connects. still, I can't achieve any invitations. I furnished my profile as well as i can to reflect my works! but still seeing the face of failure!!

What to do now!!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
debi-f
Community Member

Something like Brand Design and Logo. Designer. Is short, general and clear. Use point (dot) between words and not | 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
debi-f
Community Member

Unfortunately, Upwork is becoming a difficult platform to get jobs. 

It was better some years ago (I worked here for 12 years) but now also for me is very difficult to get a good job, there are scammers, cheap works, a lot of freelancers wanting to accept low bids, or boosting bids, that it means they are paying Upwork for sending a proposal instead of receiving money for completing a job.

You are right, we are posting this problem for a long time, but there is not a solution coming from Upwork. 

Keep trying, but try other platforms and LinkedIn. 

dad5e9dc
Community Member

Can you refer me to other platforms!! I mean can you refer me to a LinkedIn client to work with me??

You cannot seek work or referrals in the forum.

I notice that you use the word "tendentious" over and over again in your profile overview. You might want to look up this word, since it doesn't make sense in the context that you're using it. (If you meant to say "tenacious", that doesn't really make sense, either.)

Really Glad you look into it

debi-f
Community Member

Anyway, I suggest you to improve your Title in your presentation. Write a brief title with 2 or 3 words that are your best skills, separate the words. Short and clear. 

dad5e9dc
Community Member

I have done it ..

debi-f
Community Member

Something like Brand Design and Logo. Designer. Is short, general and clear. Use point (dot) between words and not | 

dad5e9dc
Community Member

Really really thanks..i'm so glad that you visited my profile!!

bobafett999
Community Member

Well here is the thing.   Freelancing is a business where you have to invest time money, and price yourself such that you are an attractive buy who is not very cheap.  Not all businesses survive.  Only you can decide how much you want to invest your time and money.  Perhaps if this is a cold time, you may want to take a break.  Think through and come back.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths