🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Can not resubmit a withdrew proposal
Page options
ukvisionguy
Community Member

Can not resubmit a withdrew proposal

Hello,

I just withdrew a proposal as I want to use more boost points. I didn't know once withdraw I cannot resubmit another proposal to the same job?

Please can someone help ?

Many thanks,

Kind regards,

Li

25 REPLIES 25
d_samuel_udokpok
Community Member

Hi Long!

Well, you withdrew your proposal by yourself. You can't and won't be able to reapply for the same job and above all, your connects is gone and won't be returned to you.

Hi David,

Thanks. I withdrew because just want to edit the original proposal, not because I do not want the job any longer. I'm ok if not returnning the connects (including boost ones) because it's my decision to withdraw previous proposal. But not allowing for applying for the same job (in less than a minute) feels very strange rule to me.

Do you know how to reapply for the same job ? I've tried many times no success.

Thanks,

Regards,

Li

PradeepH

Hi Long,

Thank you for your message. You can apply to the same job again but you will be charged for Connects again.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

Thanks for your reply. After withdraw, I've tried like 10 times to reapply for the same job with no success. There is message on top of proposal page as below:

Sorry, we were unable to save your application.

Since you withdrew a boosted proposal for this job, you are no longer able to apply.

I just want to edit my proposal (actually to add more Connects as boost), but I did not know that one cannot reapply after withdrawal. If I know I would never withdraw.

I accept have to be charged Connects again and old Connects not return, this is logical to me. 

Please kindly advise how to apply for the same job again ? Is there a hidden link somewhere for reapplying case ?

Thanks,

Regards,

Li

Maybe there's a hidden way to reapply. But from my experience, when you withdraw your proposal for a particular job, you won't be able to reapply except the moderator would show us a way, then I'll be very much happy to learn the secret

David S wrote:

Maybe there's a hidden way to reapply. But from my experience, when you withdraw your proposal for a particular job, you won't be able to reapply

Only if it is boosted. If it isn't boosted, you can of course reapply again.

There doesn't have to be "a hidden way" and there is no such thing.

He said he boosted it

Hi Long,

Thank you for following up. Could you please clarify if you used the Boost option in the proposal you are referring to before withdrawing it? Please know that boosted and unboosted proposals that are withdrawn are removed from the client’s list so they can no longer see them. If you withdraw a boosted proposal, you can’t submit it again (with or without boosting) and you will still be charged as if you had not withdrawn.

You can find more information in this help article

Additionally, I see that you already created a support ticket regarding your query. One of our agents will reach out to you as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Nikola,

Thanks for the continuous support. I would really like to be able to reapply for it.

What I remember, the job itself requires 2 connects, I must have clicked the Boost button because I remember seeing 3 connects with Boost option. I remembered from previous job proposals though, there is a second page asking to confirm the acutal Boost connects to use so I thought I can add 10 more connects there as boost points. This is obviously not true (at least for the job I applied/withdrew).

When I realised the proposal has been submitted with only 3 connects in total, I thought I can just withdraw it first, then resubmit it with more boost connects to increase my chance. Again it turned I didn't fully understand how boosted proposal works. 

Apparently it's my mistake not fully understand how Boost feature works. I watched the Boost intro video and truly like this feature. I really like the design (including will return extra points to level up the least boosted connects which I feel it's quite fair), until I find this problem. I totally accept not returning the connects for withdrew proposal, since it is freelance's own decision. But to be honest, I still did not quite get the logic behind not allowing reapply the same job after withdrawing a boosted proposal ? What if people just want to edit the original proposal ?

Anyway, lessons learned this time. I'm wondering could you please help to manually reset the job so I can reapply again ? It is a quite unique job match I would truly appreciated if this can be done.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Long

I loved the job that I found but wanted to add more pictures to get closer to what the client wants. There is no editing so I withdrew my proposal and started a brand new one just to find that since I withdrew, I couldn't re apply a new proposal. Is there a way to re apply or am I out of luck?

Hi Stan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like you used the Boost option in the proposal you are referring to. Please know that boosted and unboosted proposals that are withdrawn are removed from the client’s list so they can no longer see them. If you withdraw a boosted proposal, you can’t submit it again (with or without boosting) and you will still be charged as if you had not withdrawn. You can find more information in this help article

~ Nikola
Upwork
danna_yamilette
Community Member

Hello, I just withdrew a proposal because I wanted to reapply. But it is telling me that because I withdrew a boosted proposal, I cannot reapply anymore. I have two questions, what does boost really mean? Two, can someone help me be able to reapply again, because that was my intention. Thanks!

tug69115
Community Member

Hello, I also want to reapply for a job I withdrew from. I withdrew only because I wanted to change the boost points, not because I no longer intend to apply for the job. I'd like to reapply, so could someone assist me if possible?

Hi Stephen,

Boosted and unboosted proposals that are withdrawn are removed from the client’s list so they can no longer see them. If you withdraw a boosted proposal, you can’t submit it again (with or without boosting) and you will still be charged as if you had not withdrawn.

~ Joanne
Upwork
bf2164d3
Community Member

My proposal was withdrawn by Upwork because it said my account was restricted and I need to verify my location. But my ID and profile address match. I used chat support to ask about this problem. I didn't verify anything but suddenly received an email verifying it. And now I can't reapply for the job although it's not me who withdrew the proposals.

Hi Cyrille,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello Annie,

Same issue here! My proposal was withdrawn by Upwork,  my client disappeared for a while on our last conversation and now he's back and wants to hire me but the issue is my proposal was withdrawn. Please advise how to resubmit my proposal.

Hello Cyrille,

Same issue here! My proposal withdrawn by Upwork,  my client dissapear for ahile on our last conversation and now he's back and he want to hire me but the issue is my proposal was withdraw. Please advise how to resubmit my proposal.

Hi Sandra Jane, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. We understand that you wish to continue working for a client. Unfortunately, boosted and unboosted proposals that are withdrawn are removed from the client’s list, so they can no longer see them. If you withdraw a Boosted Proposal, you can’t submit it again (with or without boosting), and you will still be charged as if you had not withdrawn.

If the client wishes to hire you for a project. They can post another job with the same project description and rate and then send you an offer. Best of luck!

~ Arjay
Upwork
fonder_morgan
Community Member

I ran into this same issue but mine says "Since you withdrew a boosted proposal for this job, you are no longer able to apply." I did not boost my proposal and can't reapply. Same as above, I wanted to make one small, quick edit (adding in a color the poster requested to they'd know it was fully read) and am not able to.

6cf2cb16
Community Member

Yes, unfortunately, once you withdraw a proposal, you cannot resubmit another proposal to the same job. However, you can use the next round of boost points to submit a proposal to another job.

3774eadb
Community Member

I have the same case as the original post. I was bad decision of mine to withdraw from a boosted opportunity because I wanted to sell myself by writing a better cover letter.

However, is there a way for users to be informed that warns them that they can't apply anymore if they withdraw a boosted proposal? Or even better, is there a way for freelances to simply edit the cover letter without any issue altogether?

g3ortega
Community Member

This is unfortunate. I had initially intended to make a simple correction in my cover letter, which I mistakenly included. However, since I was unable to rectify the situation, I have decided to withdraw my proposal without realizing that I won't be able to reapply. I had a genuine interest in returning to Upwork and applying for some jobs. With my "100% Job Success" and "5-star record," I had high hopes. However, after this experience, I am seriously reconsidering my decision.

john_buckley
Community Member

There's a real issue here with mistaken withdrawals. It's awful to have spent time prepping a proposal that felt like a great fit, only to be locked out and charged the connects. I was simply trying to correct a typo! I have no issue with losing the connects, but losing the opportunity is a cruel system failure. The fact that this issue has been ongoing for a year and a half with no fix or tweak is upsetting. We appreciate the service, but we pay for it every time we transact. You need to do better! 

architextservice
Community Member

Its pathetic to know that upwork did not even caution us before withdrawal about boosted bids withdrawal limits. Feel really bad. I wait for months to get a project that suits me and when I try to apply appropriately by withdrawing the initial proposal, it does not work. What is the loss for upwork if we withdraw a proposal? We lose connects and we are going apply again with new connects. Why this system of not enabling one to re submit the boosted proposal? I don't understand actually and I think this is not correct on upwork's part.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths