cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can overtime be applied as manual time?

Carol S Member Since: May 6, 2015
1 of 3

One particular client of mine has a low budget of one hour per week, paid on an hourly basis.  Once that hour is reached, he allows me to work overtime and just requests I tell him at the end of that week what amount extra he needs to pay and he's great at paying that.  My question is that since he has manual time allowed on this job, can I somehow add the manual time in for the same time I have the overtime or will the system not allow me to do this?  I feel this would be better for him so that all he has to do is approve the manual time, right?  Will the system ask him to approve the manual time?  I realize this is more than one question.  Sorry.

Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
2 of 3

Carol,

If he has your hour set to 1 hour but has it that you can add manual time you should be able to. If he has it set you can't add manual time then you cannot. He would still have to a approve the manual time. Discuss with him adding more time then the one hour and allowing manual time if need be. He has the week after to approve it or reject it.

Community Leader
Pravin K Member Since: Jan 11, 2015
3 of 3

Hello, Carol

Welcome to the Community.

First of all, I am not oDesk employee. I am just a fellow freelancer, just like you.

The answers are..

I am afraid the system doesn't "bill" any extra time if it crosses the weekly quota. It applies to Auto as well as Manual time. 

Your client must increase the work hours per week. No other way.

Of course, the manual time needs the client's approval after the end of the week, just like your auto tracked hours.

Other Experienced Freelancers, Correct me if I was wrong about the subject.

Pravin

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS