🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Can renew the contract if Upwork has alre...
Page options
ellenka8
Community Member

Can renew the contract if Upwork has already closed it?

Hi to all!

I have a fixed price contract divided into two milestones. This contract was concluded in January of this year, eventually lasted for three months and Upwork closed the contract. The client always answered for a long time, but I a lot of work was done.
He wanted to extend the contract, but said that he could not do it from the phone (I don’t know if this is true).
When I told the client that the contract was already closed, he promised to open another contract.
Can you please tell me what to do in this situation, and how will the closed contract affect my JSS?
Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Elena E wrote:

Hi to all!

I have a fixed price contract divided into two milestones. This contract was concluded in January of this year, eventually lasted for three months and Upwork closed the contract. The client always answered for a long time, but I a lot of work was done.
He wanted to extend the contract, but said that he could not do it from the phone (I don’t know if this is true).
When I told the client that the contract was already closed, he promised to open another contract.
Can you please tell me what to do in this situation, and how will the closed contract affect my JSS?
Thanks!

It has absolutely no influence on your JSS if you work with a former client with a new contract. If you don't have many contracts yet, it is even better for you to work with a second contract, because the client can leave great feedback for you twice!

Elena, were you paid the first milestone?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members