cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone check if portfolio is visible in my profile?

Roman V Member Since: May 1, 2015
1 of 4

Hello!

I've viewed some freelancers profiles and discovered, that mine one is differs a bit. Maybe it can cause hire problems in future. Can someone check if portfolio is visible in my profile? Am I set some profile privacy settings wrong?

https://www.odesk.com/o/profiles/users/_~01932b857bdb776c59/

For example i've looked Patricia C profile here https://www.odesk.com/o/profiles/users/_~013075405f7ac6bd01/ as anonymous visitor and I can see that notice:

"Patricia C. has added 16 portfolio pieces. Create an account to review them."

Screenshot (click it):

But when i'm doing the same on my profile, there is no text associated with the portfolio:

I've added many portfolio items with good screenshots to my profile. It was when I've created my profile at start. Take a look my profile as I can see it:

Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
2 of 4

I can confirm that your profile is not visible to visitors. In order to see it, I have to log into oDesk, search for your name, and then I can see it. It's not a setting, but oDesk A/B testing profile views. I have seen many profiles behave like yours. In summary, if you want non-oDesk users be able to see your full profile because you think you can convert them into users, this view does hurt you. If you depend on clients who are already on oDesk hiring you like most of us, it shouldn't make a difference because you're fully visible to logged in users. Of course anyone reading this forum, loving your brilliant posts, and wanting to look at your profile to potentially hire you, will not see your portfolio so that might be a disadvantage as well.

Ace Contributor
Salman M Member Since: Feb 15, 2015
3 of 4
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
4 of 4

I cannot see your portfolio at all. There is nothing there and no way to get to it with both links you provided.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS