🐈 Community
» Forums » Freelancers » Can someone have a look on my profile and tel...
Page options
zolaikhah
Community Member

Can someone have a look on my profile and tell me why am I not getting hired? My profile is 100%.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

There is nothing wrong with your profile, it just doesn't stand out.

This is what clients see when they look at a list of freelancers:

zol.jpg

That's not really inspiring.

Rewrite your entire profile, and use that VITAL first line to present your unique selling point and why a client should be clicking on your profile not others.

The same goes for your application letter. If the first line does not grab the client your proposal is not even going to get opened and read.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
apedretti
Community Member

Your profile's not accessible for us to see.

To make it so:

> Upwork homepage
> Find Work (menu)
> Profile (menu option)
> Profile Settings (button at the right)
> Visibility: set to "Only Upwork users" or "Public".

Hi, I have changed the setting. You can now access it. Kindly  review my profile. Thank you!

petra_r
Community Member

There is nothing wrong with your profile, it just doesn't stand out.

This is what clients see when they look at a list of freelancers:

zol.jpg

That's not really inspiring.

Rewrite your entire profile, and use that VITAL first line to present your unique selling point and why a client should be clicking on your profile not others.

The same goes for your application letter. If the first line does not grab the client your proposal is not even going to get opened and read.

I have been a actively engaging member since february. But still haven't find any work yet. Plus I'm confused how should I submit my proposals, what exact format should I follow?

@Zolaikha H wrote:

I have been a actively engaging member since february. But still haven't find any work yet. Plus I'm confused how should I submit my proposals, what exact format should I follow?

There is no "exact format" you should follow. You should address the client's requirements and how hiring you will get his stuff done better than hiring someone else.

The worst proposals are those that are clearly just a template and don't tell the client (preferably in the first line) how hiring you will get done whatever it is they want done.

Latest Articles
Upcoming Events
Feb 13
Feb 28
Upwork Community Virtual Hour
Community Hour English
Mar 28
Upwork Virtual Community Hour
Community Hour English
Learning Paths